Community Policing

Started by tankerville, November 05, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tankerville

Hearing today that Cleveland Police are to axe 60 P.C.S.Os did not come as a suprise.

A few months ago I wrote to the newly appointed Cleveland Crime Commisioner Barry Coppinger and Hartlepool Divisional Commander giving my concerns over the lack of community police within the Grange/Victoria Ward.

The response to my letter given 26 days later Barry Coppinger passed it over Hartlepool Commander gave no reply Sean White A.C.C. gave the only assurance that the serious issues raised would be dealt with.

I then received a visit to my home by Inspector 'Well lets not name that person' who assured me everything was as it should be and police are doing such a wonderful job in Middleton Grange Shopping Centre and Hartlepool Marina Shopping Complex.

Taking Police out of the Ward and into the private sector may make sense but it doesn't to me.

Crime is down and criminals are being taken to task all is well within the Ward. Well let's just see!

dowager

ARC86

I posted about this over a month ago.. the force has to find 22% of savings, they are closing down the york road police office so no crime will be reported there.. anyone who thinks that crime rates will not rise because of this are deluded and that includes the Labour PCC, when it comes to the safer hartlepool event next year it will be interesting to see the figures!