Press Release Seaton

Started by admin, October 25, 2017, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

Quote from: Disgruntled voter on October 29, 2017, 03: PM
Quote from: eddy on October 29, 2017, 12: PM
You lot are funny on here, one topic about how it's all hot air and nothing ever happens and then this, moaning about it when something actually does happen!

HBc are miles away from being without fault, but it's funny, cause you can read some of the posts on here and just replace the words HBC with DBC or SBC or any other local authority. Is there anything anyone in government can do right in your eyes?!
Ha ha this is funnier than anything I have read on here. 

Put it in simple terms . If my wife wasted thousands and thousands on egotistical dreams ....bought the neighbours house and then paid somebody knock it down...started allowing others to park on my drive for a profit  made sexist remarks to members of the public . Lied and got sacked from her job and then asked me for more allowance and then had the bare face cheek to show me plans for an extension....I would hit the f $/^ing roof!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

eddy

Quote from: Riddler5 on October 29, 2017, 02: PM
You lot are funny on here, one topic about how it's all hot air and nothing ever happens and then this, moaning about it when something actually does happen!

HBc are miles away from being without fault, but it's funny, cause you can read some of the posts on here and just replace the words HBC with DBC or SBC or any other local authority. Is there anything anyone in government can do right in your eyes?!
You appear to be quite happy with the status quo and don't look too deeply, if at all, into the history of these projects.
You must obviously be part of their target audience, so just carry on believing.

I want you to try really hard and think of something good HBC have done in the town.  This is genuinely not trolling, it feels sometimes like the contempt and cynicalness on here come above all else.

Incidentally I work in property development (large scale master planning and brownfield regeneration), I agree that having multiple goes at sorting the church st / Marina out is shocking (knowing how much concept architectural fees are).  But at the same time I think its good something is happening in Seaton and its good not to tar everything with the same brush

kevplumb

Quote from: eddy on October 29, 2017, 07: PM
Quote from: Riddler5 on October 29, 2017, 02: PM

You appear to be quite happy with the status quo and don't look too deeply, if at all, into the history of these projects.
You must obviously be part of their target audience, so just carry on believing.

I want you to try really hard and think of something good HBC have done in the town.  This is genuinely not trolling, it feels sometimes like the contempt and cynicalness on here come above all else.

Incidentally I work in property development (large scale master planning and brownfield regeneration), I agree that having multiple goes at sorting the church st / Marina out is shocking (knowing how much concept architectural fees are).  But at the same time I think its good something is happening in Seaton and its good not to tar everything with the same brush

problem is they might build it and landscape it personally I think some of the funding is a bit dodgy but that's another matter

what will they do to maintain it ?
if and when it's done
because if it goes the same way as everything else they seem to touch best get ready for another poll tax hike  >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

eddy

Nah it wouldn't, they got those parking machines down the front, that will keep em right

mk1

I want you to try really hard and think of something good HBC have done in the town.  This is genuinely not trolling, it feels sometimes like the contempt and cynicalness on here come above all else

Just pick up a copy of The Mail or Hartlepool Life is you want happy-clappy uncritical comment on every Council scheme. Failing that Hartbeat will give you acres of gushing praise for every action of The Labour Group.
If you want the real story (for example) of how CAB decided on a whim to bin a  new buildings entire fit of  carpets because he simply did not like the colour then read here. Better still read both and then decide which version of reality you prefer.  Perhaps we compliment each other?

Incidentally I work in property development (large scale master planning and brownfield regeneration
Well then can you explain (for example) why anyone would build a Bus Station a good walk and on the wrong side of a major road from the main shopping centre? Why any planner would think that said shoppers would risk their lives crossing at least 4 lanes of heavy traffic to access  busses that had to use stops that were already in place on 3 sides of  said shopping centre?

kevplumb

Quote from: eddy on October 29, 2017, 08: PM
Nah it wouldn't, they got those parking machines down the front, that will keep em right
must have had them adapted to clear weeds dog sh*t litter etc then
point is they don't maintain anything look at the wild flower beds they planted
look at the state of the burn valley
look at the clip of a lot of the streets around the town

never mind spending millions on pie in the sky ideas
they are not even providing the basic services we pay for

Disgruntled voter

Quote from: kevplumb on October 29, 2017, 08: PM
Quote from: eddy on October 29, 2017, 08: PM
must have had them adapted to clear weeds dog sh*t litter etc then
point is they don't maintain anything look at the wild flower beds they planted
look at the state of the burn valley
look at the clip of a lot of the streets around the town

never mind spending millions on pie in the sky ideas
they are not even providing the basic services we pay for

This is very true ! Sadly the town clowncil are unable to plan/manage/maintain any of the basic requirements of this Town !They all have delusions of grandeur and think they belong to some top institute . They need to take care of what we have and then make small improvements/wins and repeat.....not let the town go to sh@te and then gamble it all on a VISION hoping for a big win! !. ...

kevplumb

exactly the point I was making DV
no good hoyin it up then leaving it to go to rack and ruin
this lot would build on sand without the raft or piles
then use the money for arty farty stuff that the town does not need

if the foundation and the basics ain't right it's not worth doing IMHO

fred c

An awful lot of people would settle for general improvements that benefit the residents of the town and forego the lavish visions of the ruling group, simple cost effective maintenance of grass verges, street cleaning, parks and open spaces, libraries, youth clubs, roads and pavements, swimming baths / leisure centres etc etc etc, the basic infrastructure of the town should be the starting point for improvements.

If you are aware of the conceptual costings of Visions and Masterplans....... can you explain, why on earth would the council want to spend almost a quarter of a million pounds on Church Square, an area that is already a very pleasant space, that is lacking only in general maintenance and repairs, simple relatively inexpensive remedies to those issues are readily available, water jetting and replacement of block paving, weeding and repointing of sets and kerbs, new seating areas. ?

eddy

At a rough guess, it's possibly because the money for the improvements is only available in grant or loan form to fund new improvements or construction, rather than refurbishment of existing.

Alternatively as the college just got rebuilt they may think taking the mid 1990s style out to something newer / more contemporary. I don't work for HBC and can't second guess their rational for this, or the bus station.

Ultimately it's easy to be critical, especially when they don't maintain stuff post construction. This is in excuseabe but it is predicated on the idea that loads of growth will happen and that would spur on a desire to maintain. Church St mk1 looked nice up until it turned into booze Britain and then all the bars closed.

If it's any conciliation Salford Quays is a dump and not maintained, the public realm stuff anyways, and that place absolutely rakes it in. And Castlefield in Manchester, nearly broke me wrist there sliding over on moss covered pavement.  See my earlier comment about all local authorities being cut from the same cloth

eddy

Also I think my reason for daring to offer a tad of support is that, somewhere in there, someone probably does mean well and does want to do well for the town. Which is hard, as they continually seem to be putting all their money on the next big thing.

I grew up in Hartlepool through the whole TDC thing, the massive Marina redevelopment and this unfaltering optimism that me home town was on the up, finally, after 20 - 30 years of decline. Anyways that boat came and sailed, call centres and all.  Ever since then it seems something is the next big thing, tall ships, wind farms, more regeneration. I can see why people are cynical but at the same time it is a difficult position to start from

mk1

Quote from: eddy on October 29, 2017, 10: PM
Also I think my reason for daring to offer a tad of support is that, somewhere in there, someone probably does mean well and does want to do well for the town. Which is hard, as there continually seem to be putting all their money on the next big thing.
I disagree. I believe the only aim is to be seen 'doing something' so you can boast about the amount of money that passed through your hands whilst a Councillor and point to unfulfilled 'jam tomorrow' plans you want to claim as all your own work. Its all about getting elected and nothing else.
The mob trying to oust this mob will be no different.   

mk1

What the town needs is the  relocation of a Government agency presently based in the South. A medium sized employer paying decent wages would do wonders for the local economy. More disposable income would attract a better class of shops. At present the old 'middle class' are being relocated out of the town as all their traditional jobs are centralized  in Teesside. It takes time but slowly they will relocate to where those jobs now are and the  economic make-up of the town will further nose-dive.  We are already below average and no amount of  'Executive Homes' new builds will reverse that decline.

Inspector Knacker

Put simply, it's not a problem with local government, it's a problem with poor local government , in our case, the dire leadership. I have no confidence whatsoever in their ability to run our town, or anything come to that. We are prisoners of people devoid of talent who I assume won a competition to run a town for a day in some bizarre TV talent show and stayed on.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Hartlepudlion

Just been looking at the 'Vision'.

I can't see any parking meters or smart bins!