Press Release Seaton

Started by admin, October 25, 2017, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

HARTLEPOOL BOROUGH COUNCIL
PRESS RELEASE

Work to start on £1.3m Seaton Carew improvements

WORK will get under way next week on a £1.3m Hartlepool Borough Council project to revitalise the Seaton Carew seafront.

The project will see a new outdoor leisure park created on the section of promenade currently occupied by the paddling pool and the adjacent grassed area running north as far as the slipway.

The leisure park will feature a children's water play area including ground geysers, water tunnels, jet streams and a fountain spray. There will also be children's play equipment and picnic tables and – echoing Seaton's heritage as a seaside resort - beach huts.

In addition, a new four metre high glass and steel sculpture by Hartlepool artist Stuart Langley called 'Waves', reflecting the town's maritime and industrial heritage, will be installed on the prom near Seaton Reach.

A further focus of the improvements will be the nearby Grade II-listed art deco clock tower and bus station, which occupies a key location at Seaton's southern entrance.

There will be structural repairs to this popular landmark plus new paving, as well as bulb planting in the grassed area in front to create an attractive springtime welcome for visitors and residents alike.

The Seaton improvements have been made possible thanks to a £600,000 contribution from the Government's Coastal Communities Fund and £100,000 from local company Able UK. The main contractor is local firm Deerness Landscaping and Fencing.

In a separate development, a new ten-hole crazy golf course will be created next to the leisure park by a private investor.

Councillor Kevin Cranney, Chair of the Council's Regeneration Services Committee, said: "With its golden sandy beach, Seaton Carew has been a much-loved part of Hartlepool for generations.

"These exciting improvements – which are due to be ready for the start of next year's summer season – will bring traditional seaside fun back to the prom, increasing visitor numbers and boosting local businesses."

Peter Stephenson, Executive Chairman of Able UK, added: "Able is delighted to support such a worthy cause and we see this very much as a legacy of the ground-breaking projects that we are undertaking at Able Seaton Port.

"Over half of our workforce are Hartlepool residents and we hope that they, the whole community and very welcome new visitors to Seaton Carew will enjoy this new and enhanced experience for many years to come."

The Seaton Carew improvements are part of much wider Hartlepool Council plans to regenerate key parts of Hartlepool and the work is getting under way just days after the start of construction on a multi-million pound regeneration of the town's Church Street and Church Square areas.   

Ends.

An impression of the Stuart Langley sculpture is attached.

Press release PRO36131. 25th October 2017.
Issued by Julian Heward, Public Relations Officer, on 01429 523044.

crisstw

We'll soon double that £140 million per year.....

Inspector Knacker

Kings new clothes time.
Ok, that there new 'sculpture' I defy anyone to tell me what it's connection is with the maritime world. It just looks like one of those massive gaudily coloured disc shaped lollies shops on the sea front sell, unless that's the connection.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Squint and the sculpture looks like a wild red headed creature.

As for the regeneration, I hope they do a better job than the path widening that has been bodged in the park so the council workers can drive through without Woking anywhere.
I don't believe it.

mk1

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on October 25, 2017, 09: PM

Was he hunting rabbits and hares??

Inspector Knacker

kevplumb

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton DumpSquint and the sculpture looks like a wild red headed creature.

what's mad dog marge got to do with it   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on October 25, 2017, 09: PM

Any piece of so called 'art'  that requires you to squint, or imagine you're or it symbolises or you have to understand the concept/ message behind or look, forget traditional sculpture tells me it's not very good and the 'artist' considers themself considerably more enlightened and intelligent than the morons they're selling it to. Then there's the dummies who commissioned it, whose knowledge of art ceased at wax crayons, nodding in mute approval of something that's a joke.

marky

Deerness Landscaping and Fencing, described as a 'local' company is based in Bowburn and has connections to Esh Developments. Esh 106 money is part of the £1.3m

eddy

You lot are funny on here, one topic about how it's all hot air and nothing ever happens and then this, moaning about it when something actually does happen!

HBc are miles away from being without fault, but it's funny, cause you can read some of the posts on here and just replace the words HBC with DBC or SBC or any other local authority. Is there anything anyone in government can do right in your eyes?!

mk1

Quote from: eddy on October 29, 2017, 12: PM
You lot are funny on here, one topic about how it's all hot air and nothing ever happens and then this, moaning about it when something actually does happen!

The complaints are that much is promised  but the finished project (that is if it gets past the model/Masterplan stage) has never yet lived up to the  hype. Remember this is the third Church Street re-launch. The very fact their is a Plan C meant the  previous efforts failed. If you want to see straws being clutched I refer you to the claim this Church Street revamp will be a success because it will  link the town centre with the Transport Interchange!

kevplumb

Quote from: marky on October 27, 2017, 12: AM
Deerness Landscaping and Fencing, described as a 'local' company is based in Bowburn and has connections to Esh Developments. Esh 106 money is part of the £1.3m
so in effect they bought the job ??
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

HBc are miles away from being without fault, but it's funny, cause you can read some of the posts on here and just replace the words HBC with DBC or SBC or any other local authority. Is there anything anyone in government can do right in your eyes?!
You appear to be quite happy with the status quo and don't look too deeply, if at all, into the history of these projects.
You must obviously be part of their target audience, so just carry on believing.

fred c

Do they have a council tax in the top half a dozen in the country........ did they waste almost £400k on a Cafe in the Crem.......it's not being funny..... it's being realistic.

Disgruntled voter

Ha ha this is funnier than anything I have read on here. 

Put it in simple terms . If my wife wasted thousands and thousands on egotistical dreams ....bought the neighbours house and then paid somebody knock it down...started allowing others to park on my drive for a profit  made sexist remarks to members of the public . Lied and got sacked from her job and then asked me for more allowance and then had the bare face cheek to show me plans for an extension....I would hit the f $/^ing roof!!