Last Medical Wards To Close

Started by craig finton, January 11, 2013, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Are we to become known as the 'Scottish Website' - the site that people fear to mention by name?

Mail Quote: "Rumours had been circulating on social media sites "

Ten and a half years - God knows how many of our stories they have nicked in that time  - but the Sheffield Mail still struggles to mention our name ......

Can I just mention that The Trust are understood to be trully pis*ed off that the word is out and that their carefully constructed Gant Chart has now had to be thrown in the bin. Yes . . .  as Mr Goebbels once said, ". . . it's a bugger when you can't control the timing of your own announcements."
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

craig finton

Yes, I noticed that. Laughable, really. The statement from the hospital trust has a ring of panic about it, not to mention the usual arrogance. It's interesting that the Trust denial sounds very similar to the denial expressed by Steve Wallace, highlighted as a link on a previous post, when Mr Foster went out on a limb on the radio and told everyone that Hartlepool Hospital would close whether or not Wynyard went ahead.
Different boot, different foot but same disingenuous crap.

stokoe

keith fishers reply to the mail

Sort by:
(1) (4)

Rate:
Keith Fisher
6:44 PM on 16/01/2013
There is no doubt whatsoever that direct Emplyees of the Hospital Trust have been CERTAIN that " non medical wards" were destined for closure this year indeed some specified August
These safe , but understandably unanimous , statements were being leaked long before any mention of this INVITATION to independent National Clinical Advisory Team (NACT) was ever mentioned
I remind Mail Readers that this is the same ( or very similar) team which when INVITED earlier declared that our A& E Department was so dangerous that it must close
Are they then the faceless / untraceable hatchet team which have a record for recommending or demanding CLOSURE in preference to the " get more staff and improve thereby " option
Could it be that CLOSURE would better suit those who want to move everything to Stockton to make a move to Wynyard more attractive ?
Watch this space !

fred c

A Social Media Site........... whoaaaaa that sounds rather Highbrow, I would bet a pound to a pinch of pig poo HTH isn`t known by that description in The "Chairmans" Parlour.

A Trust spokeswoman added: "As reported in last week's Mail, following the
Hartlepool health scrutiny committee,
services are under review because our doctors have said services will need to change if they are to meet the continually rising standards set down by the royal colleges and other organisations.

We all know how effective our "Health Scrutiny Committee " has been in the past, in fact about as effective as our Local "PCT.

Strange how people connected to both committee`s are linked to "Mandy" in some way.

steveL

Quote from: stokoe on January 17, 2013, 07: AM
keith fishers reply to the mail

Sort by:
(1) (4)

Rate:
Keith Fisher
6:44 PM on 16/01/2013
There is no doubt whatsoever that direct Emplyees of the Hospital Trust have been CERTAIN that " non medical wards" were destined for closure this year indeed some specified August
These safe , but understandably unanimous , statements were being leaked long before any mention of this INVITATION to independent National Clinical Advisory Team (NACT) was ever mentioned
I remind Mail Readers that this is the same ( or very similar) team which when INVITED earlier declared that our A& E Department was so dangerous that it must close
Are they then the faceless / untraceable hatchet team which have a record for recommending or demanding CLOSURE in preference to the " get more staff and improve thereby " option
Could it be that CLOSURE would better suit those who want to move everything to Stockton to make a move to Wynyard more attractive ?
Watch this space !

There's an error in Fisher's comment in that it is 'medical' wards that we're talking about not 'non-medical'. Even so, the gist of what he's saying is spot on.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

I suppose if you could close down the General and make everyone trek through to North Tees, then the people of Hartlepool would see the Wynyard option as suddenly preferable in comparison, whereas if you kept the General open till the  bitter end, the people may have a more resntful attitude to Wynyard.........?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.