Local elections

Started by Foggy, April 29, 2015, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynda

The thing is grim reaper im not voting for who I want to vote for. I am tactical voting. Labour is a no go area for me. Having said that alot of people are voting Ukip because thats what they want. I don't have any choice. If it means we get rid of just one labour stooge il be happy in fact il be elated. If and I hope Ukip get in here its up to the candidate to prove his worth to the electorate. :)

mk1

Quote from: grim reaper on April 30, 2015, 07: PM

But wait, when Sol Campbell painted HIS face white for an advert recently, there was a strange silence from the Guardianista's! Why no outcry then? Because they are bloody hypocrites.

And what was the add for again?

mk1

Although there are some Wikipedia little tin Gods on this site,

I presume this is a swipe at the legions who have pointed out the many egregious errors of fact in the UKIP propaganda .
Sorry but even a low bar like Wiki is way above the knowledge base of your average closet racist and fruit cake.
You just need educating to the level of your average 10 year old to know they are making it all up.

Foggy

Quote from: lynda on April 30, 2015, 08: PM
The thing is grim reaper im not voting for who I want to vote for. I am tactical voting. Labour is a no go area for me. Having said that alot of people are voting Ukip because thats what they want. I don't have any choice. If it means we get rid of just one labour stooge il be happy in fact il be elated. If and I hope Ukip get in here its up to the candidate to prove his worth to the electorate. :)
I would do exactly the same thing in your position Lynda as you don't have a lot of option.  UKIP are the only ones in with a chance of of beating Labour in Manor House. If I didn't have Darren Price to vote for, then I would be voting UKIP just to get rid of Cranney. I would have to 'hold my nose' as Geoff says.  :-\

Quote from: steveL on April 30, 2015, 06: PM
Can you have three bookends?
I was about to say - Yes, we have the three fake Tories sitting there like bookends. However, on reflection, its more like two bookends propping George up.  I really thought he would call it a day this time but obviously not.  I'm sure he is a decent person but he doesn't seem to have any real interest in what goes on in the chamber.  In one meeting I noticed he spent most of his time flicking through a little diary.  I'm not sure if there was anything actually wrote in it but he was a lot more interested in that than what he was seeing and hearing in the meeting.

The questions is - can the Tories be beaten in Rural West?

marky

"The questions is - can the Tories be beaten in Rural West?"

We have Tories in Rural West? When did that happen#? :o

Foggy

Apologies.... Can the fake, bogus, phony, imitation, sham, spurious, pseudo, pretend Tories be beaten in Rural West?  :P

Balotelli

Tactical voting is just b******* voting for someone you don't believe in just to get someone else you don't believe in out.

Stupidity in my book.

Manor House has the best candidate of the entire election and people here are ignoring her because someone close to PHF has suggested in the minds of people across the town that UKIP have a bigger chance of knocking Labour out in non-PHF contested wards.

But go ahead and vote UKIP and have yourselves yet another clueless councillor.

lynda

Quote from: Balotelli on May 03, 2015, 09: AM
Tactical voting is just b******* voting for someone you don't believe in just to get someone else you don't believe in out.

Stupidity in my book.

Manor House has the best candidate of the entire election and people here are ignoring her because someone close to PHF has suggested in the minds of people across the town that UKIP have a bigger chance of knocking Labour out in non-PHF contested wards.

But go ahead and vote UKIP and have yourselves yet another clueless councillor.
Im  a grown woman and quite capable of making my own mind up. I dont regard myself as stupid either. I  will use my vote as I see it not how others see it

fred c

Well done Lynda, I'm pleased to see the bullying and hectoring from people on here hasn't put you and your mates off voting for who YOU want to vote for.
Although there are some Wikipedia little tin Gods on this site, I was a tad surprised to see Fred c's comment ascribing UKIP voters to Nazi's.  :(
Lots of people are voting UKIP for tactical reasons and to besmirch their characters in such a way is despicable.
Is Lynda to be called a Nazi Fred?  :-[

But this is how it goes these days; Like the furore over the 'Bob Marley' visit to Carlisle. No 'blacking up' as it may cause offence.
The only people causing a fuss are anally retentive WHITE Guardianista's.
A number of black people, including footballers, have stated there isn't an issue.
It isn't to insult blacks, it is a homage to Bob Marley.
But wait, when Sol Campbell painted HIS face white for an advert recently, there was a strange silence from the Guardianista's! Why no outcry then? Because they are bloody hypocrites.

You and your mates vote UKIP Lynda and rid the Manor of the tainted rubbish.

My little "Jibe" was aimed at the continual propaganda espoused by a number of posters, my point was that people should make up their own minds & not have someone elses views rammed down their throats.

I live on the Manor Estate & have witnesed first hand the blind faith shown by voters towards the mob...... ukip have canvassed  very hard & as far as i can see are likely to push  Barclay very close....If voting ukip means we get rid of the fella with the complexion of a "Farmers A**e......that's what we will be doing.

Balotelli

Below is a quote from a Manor House candidate on tactical voting:

'Phillip Broughton on the BBC North East TV Debate (29 April ), explained how UKIP intends to lower the benefits cap. I know some people watched this programme as it was broadcast. If not it is available below.

This country and this town in particular have seen five years of austerity. Yesterday I was speaking to somebody who lives in my ward who has had their benefits cut unfairly this week because of a mistake by the DWP. It is a bank holiday weekend. The DWP will not reopen until Tuesday. This person will not be able to get a resolution to this matter until then at least.

This tactical voting approach advocates voting UKIP to get rid of Labour. In my opinion, to ask a person to take further benefit cuts, to place further austerity measures upon the most disadvantaged and poorest people in our community at a time when we are already struggling to meet ends meet is just selfish and irresponsible.

There have been a number of posst recently drawing attention to the right-wing nature of certain parties in this town and the circumstances in which that they came in to being. I would suggest that people take time to research them and maybe begin to understand why certain parties were the strategic partners in this tactical approach.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05t399y/election-2015-english-regional-debates-election-2015-a-bbc-look-north-special '

lynda

I don't think the Ukip candidate sounds clueless either. Compared to Barclay, Stephen and Margery he sounds like a f...king miracle

Foggy

Firstly, I am not a fan of UKIP in any way, shape or form, in fact I would rather vote Wright than Broughton! In reality I won't be voting for either of them. However, UKIP councillors at a local level will have absolutely no influence on introducing lower benefit caps so that is a pointless argument.

Given how Lynda and others have suffered at the hands of Labour councillors in Manor House they don't deserve to be referred to as stupid for wanting to vote for someone to dislodge one of the Labour stooges.

We all know it's not an ideal situation. In an perfect world it would be nice to vote for the candidate you totally believe in and the one that you know will represent the residents in an effective manner in a fully democratic council. However, the situation in Hartlepool currently is far from perfect. I'm actually not sure it can get any worse to be honest.

A couple of questions for you James:

When was the last time you witnessed a full council meeting first hand? Watching the video on YouTube doesn't count.

Do you intend to vote in the local elections? You said yourself that you have a weak line up of candidates in De Bruce so surely if you vote you will be voting for someone you didn't believe in.

Balotelli

First hand? When the EMS school bus funding was being discussed. I've watched each one Shel Winship has streamed live.

I've stated elsewhere that in the locals, as far as I am concerned there is no candidate that even comes close for me in De Bruce, so barring one of them turning up on my doorstep and convincing me before Thursday I won't be voting in the locals. Will probably vote for Michael Holt in the General Election.

fred c

I seriously wonder why someone who votes tactically is labelled  "Stupid"..... a 1st class example of Not Being Stupid..... is Lynda.

She along with 3 fellow workmates were discriminated against in an appalling manner by a Labour Councillor who was acting with the approval of other Labour Councillors.

There is in this election an opportunity to get rid of 1 member of TheTorLab Mob in the Manor...... it is a simple case of needs must by voting ukip... then so be it.

It might be the gentlemanly  thing to do if...... considering what Lynda & her workmates had to put up with from Wilcox....... Balottelli apologised for his Crass comment regarding stupidity........ just a thought

Foggy

Quote from: Balotelli on May 03, 2015, 12: PM
First hand? When the EMS school bus funding was being discussed. I've watched each one Shel Winship has streamed live.
Don't get me wrong, people streaming and recording the meetings is a fantastic thing but videos don't allow you to see the full picture. It is difficult to hear what exactly is said when you are actually sitting in the chamber so it's twice as hard on a video. For me, people's body language and facial expressions say a lot about both their character and their attitude and it is impossible to see this fully unless you are actually there. Some of the body language and facial expressions I have witnessed, particularly in recent meetings, leaves a lot to be desired.  The 'Mayor' in particular sits there like a petulant schoolboy in an English lesson waiting for the bell to go, not listening to anything the teacher is saying. He literally has no idea what's going on or what he is doing.

Quote from: Balotelli on May 03, 2015, 12: PM
I've stated elsewhere that in the locals, as far as I am concerned there is no candidate that even comes close for me in De Bruce, so barring one of them turning up on my doorstep and convincing me before Thursday I won't be voting in the locals. Will probably vote for Michael Holt in the General Election.
If you don't vote, that's your perogative and you shouldn't be judged for that. Just like others shouldn't be judged for voting the way they want to. Some people wouldn't agree with not voting but they shouldn't refer to it as 'stupidity'. Everyone has their reasons for voting the way they do. Stupidity would be closing your eyes and sticking a cross wherever your pencil lands.