More Nepotism..

Started by The Great Dictator, October 14, 2013, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Thejoker on October 18, 2013, 06: PM

Maybe nobody on here knows.

Well we seem to have a few (like yourself) who know because they are claiming  the suggested figure is wrong.
More likely  you don't know and you just automaticaly  think  he needs defending because he is a mate/friend/pal/like minded politician?

The trouble you have is the track record of certain Labour Councillors.
Make us laugh by claiming they all work for the 'living wage'!

Maybe he get £100,000,000 a day, 

I was asking about Simmons not Wilcox.

I guess you're trying the chuck mud and some will stick approach.

Keep trying mate but  it is well known  fact you can not polish a turd..................

Interested

"I guess you're trying the chuck mud and some will stick approach"  Erm...............well said Joker

Cmon Joker really, theres no need for anybody to chuck mud at all!!!!!!!!!

They (the current people in power) have done that all by themselves, people post on these threads simply because they have had enough and we are all fully aware that we cant ask questions to those people directly.

The current "group in power" are doing themselves no favours and are so out of touch with what the people of this town need or even think.

Before you start whining about me knocking the "labour Group", i have no political affiliation to any party, i live in this town, work in this town and most importantly am trying to raise my children in this town,

I dont ask for any help i just ask that those fools in power do things fairly, honestly and by the book so that my children have a chance in the future. That has been to much to ask and before you feel like defending these idiots, look at the recent issues with MRA, WCNE, Gypsy sites ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

Get real and look at what is going on around you!!!!!!!

Stop trying to defend the indefensible, or tell me your take on the above scandals to date?????????

ARC86

"Some charity work" what kind of a quote is that? The jobs these people do make your life better, believe it or not, in many ways!

If you really are that desperate to find out Cllr Simmons wage, become a trustee at West View, if you really want to have your finger on the pulse regarding MRA, become a trustee, im sure any voluntary organisation would appreciate any help they can get right now! or, is this all beneath you and the rest of the keyboard warriors? If you really want to make a difference, instead of sniping from the sidelines go and bring about those changes you desperately crave

You say you cant ask these people in power these questions, your right if it is set in a public forum like council, dont forget these people are also approachable human beings, just because i vote Labour, that doesnt mean i would never talk to a tory, be diplomatic in your search for answers and you may well get some, conduct a witch hunt and evidently you wont!

DRiddle

QuoteIf you really want to make a difference, instead of sniping from the sidelines go and bring about those changes you desperately crave

Some of us are.

Personally, if I had the authority to do so, i'd stop ALL numerated connections between councillors and the voluntary sector tomorrow. That would sort out those who genuinely care, and who are in it for the right reasons,  from those that are in it for a wage or a lifestyle.

In my industry we sign strict contracts preventing conflicts of interests regarding budgets we have direct control of, and businesses and organisations who might be on the receiving end of money in exchange for goods and/or services from that budget.

If there are ANY inappropriate use of said budgets we face the sack.

ARC86

David the point im trying to make is one rogue organisation should not be the base for judgement of ALL voluntary sector organisations in Hartlepool. The council needs a mix of people from all different backgrounds.. im sure if the council was full of businessmen you would not be happy about that either.. like it or not our representatives are democratically elected, if we are not happy about it then we have the chance to change this at election time

DRiddle

That's a separate issue. I'm not knocking the principle of democracy. The council should be made up of a cross section of our society. My point was, and is, that a councillor should not be involved in any way shape or form in an organisation that can be on the receiving end of public money allocated within the 3rd sector.

mk1

Quote from: ARC86 on October 18, 2013, 07: PM

if you really want to have your finger on the pulse regarding MRA, become a trustee,

Why would anyone (other than your mate JA )want to be involved with the corruption at MRA?
Perhaps I should follow the example of the fa*tty Belcher who went waddling into the sunset  when  the heat became too great?

bimbo 1

the people in charge of the money in mra should be people that manor people no and can trust and let the people vote them in

ARC86

David you are pretty much saying people cant do two things at once.. i dont believe councillors are in the job for what they can get out of it, they are there to make a positive impact on local society, if i do ever stand for council and there are plenty of knockers on here to put people off, that will be the basis on my decision to stand, if i think i can offer this town something that iy hasnt already got

MK1 how about West View then?

enough said

Quote from: ARC86 on October 16, 2013, 06: PM
Spot on Steve, as i have stated before you dont become a trustee for financial gain.. and your quite right too Lucy, quite a lot of organisations employ graduates and highly skilled people as well as semi skilled and unskilled workers

im just trying to get me head round this if you start a new charity up how are the trustees picked and who by?

and who picks the employees to work there like the managers job?

and who sets how much wages there get ?

ARC86

A charity is generally made up of people trying to achieve a common goal

Trustees generally come from all walks of life who can offer different expertise, a trustee would normally be invited onto a board on the basis they can offer something that the organisation does not already have.. any group must set up a board consisting of a chair, secretary and a treasurer the rest is built up around that.. a sub committee or even the full board itself would decide who the manager of the organisation would be

Pay is generally decided on national pay grades for someone doing the same line of work in a local authority.. the majority of the time it is less than the national average

hope that helps

The Great Dictator

You can run but you can't hide JOKER, they're on the take and you know it.

£185,000 in salaries for a so-called charity, hang your head in shame. :-[

mk1

Quote from: ARC86 on October 18, 2013, 10: PM
A charity is generally made up of people trying to achieve a common goal

Trustees generally come from all walks of life who can offer different expertise, a trustee would normally be invited onto a board on the basis they can offer something that the organisation does not already have.. any group must set up a board consisting of a chair, secretary and a treasurer the rest is built up around that.. a sub committee or even the full board itself would decide who the manager of the organisation would be

Pay is generally decided on national pay grades for someone doing the same line of work in a local authority.. the majority of the time it is less than the national average

hope that helps

And we can see how that worked ar MRA. Trustees were chosen because they were politicaly safe and would turn a blind eye  to whatever they could not avoid seeing.
I find it incredible that The Mayor  should  run away and hide when his complicity was exposed.
The Labour group in hartlepool has decided it can make a killing by setting up firms that are awarded funds by their mates. It is corrupt,nothing to do with having two jobs and everything to do with conflict of interests. Lectures about the   honesty of councillor's are hilarious. The Mayor and his partner are both proven liars, one ex labour stalwart is on  several sets of bail all for theft and another serial going-bust Labour man was savaged by a Judge over his truthfulness.

ARC86

MK1 say something positive for a change, there is no need to be so serious all the time lol

enough said

ARC86

thank you for your reply.
the other thing is once you on the board who can get you off that board.

and does the board have the right to replace the manager any time it wants if it thinks there not up to there job ?

or can the chair sack his manager with out the backing off his trustees ?