More Nepotism..

Started by The Great Dictator, October 14, 2013, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: ARC86 on October 16, 2013, 06: PM
Spot on Steve, as i have stated before you dont become a trustee for financial gain.. and your quite right too Lucy, quite a lot of organisations employ graduates and highly skilled people as well as semi skilled and unskilled workers

Well I see lots of flannel but no answer to the question how much Simmonds pays himself. Either no one knows or more likely no one wants to say.

On the total wage bill I bet there are a lot on part-time low wage  positions and a select group on the  top whack.
And of course we know they will employ staff who work well but my point is that this is incidental to the main aim-provide a comfortable living for Simmonds.

The Great Dictator

Erm, so why do you all break your neck to call it a charity then Lucy ?

It's a business funded from the public purse, you wouldn't last 5 minutes in the real world..

grim reaper

Cllr Simmons can't be making any money out of the various 'charities' he's involved with because it says so on his declaration of interests form.
He may be the Hon. treasurer of the West View Project but he does it out of the goodness of his heart for the community.  8)

I'm so pleased Ged is feeling much better.
It reminds me of Ernest Saunders...he too had the good fortune to recover from the life limiting dementia, so there's hope that Ged can go back to the books of the various CIC's of this town.  8)

ARC86

TGD many charities and voluntary organisations, in fact all of them provide a public service, let them all go it alone without any subsidy then see how quickly the nation deteriorates.. this town is heading for an almighty shock once the effects of savage cuts come to fruition.. the impact of austerity will be felt for many many years in Hartlepool.. if you guys think its bad now, best fasten your seatbelts because come 2015 the services we all recieve now will be unrecognisable

The Great Dictator

Grim, someone made over £60,000 in one year, i didn't see that job advertised ??

ARC, no matter how poor the country is these people will continue to feather their own nests, if they are so hell bent on caring for the deranged at West View then let them do it for dole plus £15.

ARC86

TGD that is a totally different debate, if we go down that route it brings us on to even more challenges such as NMW (weve been there before) cost of living (energy, rents etc) the debate should be shaped around the services these organisations provide and if they provide value for money, there are many people in town who volunteer their time (myself included) who achieve great results especially for young people in town, i volunteered at Brinkburn whilst undertaking my youth work training, i had a teenager come upto me and say he was being abused by his father (very serious allegation), the support services (council and charity) and the network of organisations who rallied round this guy, helped him through his experience and brought him out of it intact at the other side, 2 years ago i was in The Royal In Church Street and this guy came over and bought me a beer for the help and support i gave him. That TGD is priceless!!

These are all successes of the voluntary and charity sector and unless these stories are heard then the public perception of the third sector will never change!

Thejoker

Quote from: The Great Dictator on October 18, 2013, 11: AM
Grim, someone made over £60,000 in one year, i didn't see that job advertised ??

ARC, no matter how poor the country is these people will continue to feather their own nests, if they are so hell bent on caring for the deranged at West View then let them do it for dole plus £15.

Who earned £60k? Where does it say anyone earned that?

You clearly misunderstand what a charitable organisation is. Go and check what salaries groups like Mind, CAB, Barnardos, the Red Cross, Age UK etc pay to executives. These are charities that appeal nationally turn over millions and who people seem to love.

You seem to be so successful and clever so come out from the shadows and tell us what you've done to improve this town.

mk1

Quote from: ARC86 on October 18, 2013, 11: AM

These are all successes of the voluntary and charity sector and unless these stories are heard then the public perception of the third sector will never change!

Where have I heard this before?
Oh yes it was the standard reply  parroted by Wilcox and the fa*tty Belchers whenever anyone brought up the  goings on at MRA.
Remember the   statements about Wilcox devoting her life to working in the 'Voluntary' sector and how all the  claims about wrongdoing were  baseless. How dare you criticise such a saintly woman, Joan of Arc, Mother Theresa.etc, etc, etc.'
I am afraid the point being missed here is not that the 'Charity' is at fault rather  the carpet-bagging Labour Councilors/friends/relatives that feed on them.
We have yet to find out what exactly Simmons earns for his trouble.

ARC86

But then of course there are people who will never change their mind about the voluntary sector, so is it really worthwhile me even having this debate.. the priceless service these charities provide to young people far outweighs and argument you may have on a persons salary, bar none!

mk1

Quote from: ARC86 on October 18, 2013, 05: PM
the priceless service these charities provide to young people far outweighs and argument you may have on a persons salary, bar none!

So  say it out loud. All the duplicity at MRA was 'worth it' because they did some charity work?
You are hopelessly wedded to the  quaint idea that only Labour people can do  good and , it seems, quite prepared to grease a few palms in order to keep control of the sector.
How about we try it my way?
Put honest people in charge who have no financial interest in the  charity at all?

You are just like all the Labour nodding donkeys who. despite have clear evidence of misdeeds at MRA, were quite prepared to put up with  it because 'you' had political control of MRA.

You are as corrupt as those who bled MRA dry and are part of the  full time   political class (of all persuasions) who are ruining the country.

The Great Dictator

JOKER, read the balance sheet and you will see that most of their income is spent on salaries including one for £60,000.

mk1

Quote from: ARC86 on October 18, 2013, 05: PM
the priceless service these charities provide to young people far outweighs and argument you may have on a persons salary, bar none!

There we have it again. No one dares mention what Simmons pays himself!

Thejoker

Quote from: The Great Dictator on October 18, 2013, 06: PM
JOKER, read the balance sheet and you will see that most of their income is spent on salaries including one for £60,000.

Reading for Comprehension and charity accounting procedures not on your list of skills then?

Slag people off for legally earning a wage all you like, you're showing yourself up a little here.

mk1

Quote from: Thejoker on October 18, 2013, 06: PM

Slag people off for legally earning a wage all you like, you're showing yourself up a little here.

I believe the aim is to find out how much Simmons pays himself for his efforts in the 'Voluntary Sector'.
No one said it was illegal just a bit 'iffy' that Labour Councillors seem to run a lot of groups that they give money to.
Why is there a problem with  saying how much he earns?

Thejoker

Quote from: mk1 on October 18, 2013, 06: PM

There we have it again. No one dares mention what Simmons pays himself!

Maybe nobody on here knows.

Maybe there are only two people who care.

Maybe he get £100,000,000 a day, maybe the answer is already in this thread.

The thing is that you could always politely ask Mr Simmons or do a number of other things to find out. But you would rather continue your barrage of repeating the same question over and over in the vain hope someone is as bitter as you and TGD, I guess you're trying the chuck mud and some will stick approach.