Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

The May 2018 local elections outcome could be closer then you think -

The current Ward balance is
Labour - 19
UKIP / Ind - 9
Con - 3
PHF - 2
That means that if Labour lose 3 seats they will also lose the controlling majority and, if they want to retain control, would have to go for an alliance - would Martin-Wells have the bottle to form such an alliance which, if he did, would probably make national headlines!

So with Labour contesting 5 Wards -
De Bruce - S Thomas
Fens - A Clark
Foggy Furze - K Sirs (or new candidate)
Manor House - M James
Victoria - C Richardson

On the assumption that the non-Labour seats are held and with a 31% allowance still firmly in the mind of the electorate, the following wards could switch
Foggy Furze - the residents may not take kindly to another Belcher
Manor House - James record on Car Parking charges and Tip charges isn't going to help her
Victoria - PHF have already said they are going all out to get this ward

In view of the allowance rise I would suggest that Clark & Thomas may also be worried

If this does happen it's an end to the Autocratic regime Hartlepool has enjoyed for a number of years - hopefully

Stig of the Seaton Dump

After Labour went all guns blazing for Seaton Carew last time around and Tom is the lonesome UKIP man up this time.
What is going to happen this time around ?

Can PHF find enough quality candidates around the wards to put Labour on the back foot ?

My hope is the Labour turkeys find out that they voted for 31% and Christmas at the same time.
My worry is that they will put out the usual drivel about fighting to save the hospital etc. and continue to drive the town down.

If MP Mike is out campaigning with them, I will take that as him standing by the 31%.
I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

I suspect that May will spring a few surprises ...

P.S. PHF has 3 councillors, not 2 - David Riddle, James Black & Leisa Smith.  :)

jeffh

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on February 22, 2018, 11: AM

P.S. PHF has 3 councillors, not 2 - David Riddle, James Black & Leisa Smith.  :)

Yes - sorry about that

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: jeffh on February 22, 2018, 01: PM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on February 22, 2018, 11: AM

Yes - sorry about that

Fear not - absolution granted.  :)