Hospital Gossip

Started by Stig of the Seaton Dump, May 15, 2013, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I heard on the grapevine today that staff have been informed that all medical wards closing by October.
I don't believe it.

not4me

there's been a few of these rumours....but when you consider that Foster has already gone on record and said that Hartlepool Hospital will close (Radio Tees) then it's just a matter of when now.....

mk1

The 'news' was put up on facebook and in under an hour all the following was posted:

that is disgusting - a town the size of hartlepool without a hospital is a total joke, especially when there was 3 not too long ago!

Seems to me the new mayor has known about this all along- as have the rest of the council who have been voted back in! Lets just see what their response is!
·

i,m up for a revolt.....lol

no shops no hospital a one life thats a joke and a room full off councilors who cant fight for the ppl who got there there in the first place to fight for us ( some joke ) again soon we will be a town thats extinct from the map

Have we been told this? I need to contact work and find out, mind October is further away than I thought it was going to happen. Rumours were abound at work it would be August/September.
Oh and , this has nothing at all to do with the council, there is absolutely nothing they could have done in the slightest to stop this happening, it's the local NHS trust and the government you need to blame

What a surprise!?

I was thinking the same thing there s Totally disgraceful. Are they going to provide transport to North Tees for the people who can't drive, probably not.

more fool the people of our town voting for this lot hope now the ones how vote the same ones in all the time have there eyes open now we need a change

somebody i know been waiting months for appointment now she probably wait even longer. bloody scandalous but we knew it would happen

The NHS is dying a death. It will be a private sector soon like in Ireland, Spain, France etc. Not surprising really. Very sad for staff and patients.

Disgusting can build as many houses as they can but then no hospital and knocking down schools no sense at all! What about the jobs?

well our flippin council could do something about it,,,dont confess to knowing ANYTHING about politics ,,was just my opinion

there is no way this council did not now about this

The council are the only ones we have a choice in, they can help us fight our cause even if they don't have a direct influence. They should refuse any planning permission for the hospital site and class it as for healthcare use only in the town plan.

feel sorry for old folk having to go there for treatment

and for the staff who may lose their jobs

An ABSOLUTE TRAVESTY.

I'll get called scroungers then like everybody else thats been put out of work.

i a agree my hart goes out to them we all have bills to pay

I know it's down to Government, I work at the hospital too, but, the council have known this was in the pipeline for sometime and duped the public!

- Im just glad Ive been under North Tees care from the start for my resection and my next big op in June - staff there are amazing as are those in Hartlepool but if this is what is happening, Im in the 'best' place already. Its been a couple of years now since Ive had to regularly use Hartlepool Hospital for most of my treatment so this is all no surprise sadly...........
25 minutes ago

i agree totally

We've been told no-one will lose their jobs and everything and everyone can move over. Problem is some people don't have cars and rely on public transport or using their own legs. Public transport links to North Tees is appalling and needs to improve drastically for anyone who lives around Hartlepool and further north in collierys.

So they take our pubs, our schools and our hospital and give us what.................. traveller sites? Cheers x

that will never happen,money talks and the right ammount of money can open any door

Been in touch with work and my ward have yet to be told anything, some of the wards have been told October. I have been told we are getting told something later today and the rest will be told when they are in next

There is a bus that will collect you from your front door and take you to N Tees and back ( its often a car as it is well underused ) for less than the cost of public transport - it can be used y family and friends for visiting too. My family used it for 7 weeks solid late last year while I was in N Tees and they pick up in Peterlee, Easington all across to Middlesbrough etc - its worth letting people know it exists x

well we cant smoke anywhere,,, but you can smoke in PRISON ,,bliddy jOKE OUR GOVERMEN

No job losses will be the biggest lie of all will know soon when my sister in law gets put out of work.With 2 lads to support will these get called scroungers when both mother and father have worked ,and only ever lost jobs through so called cut backs, and now this.

P Councils & Government treat the public as mushrooms. They keep u in the dark & feed u bull***t!!!

didnt our mp promise the hospital was safe whilst he was electioneering lol what a shock,a politician lies

what has smoking got to do with it? The smoking ban is the only decent thing this govt has done in years!!

Like i said ste.? Cant fit 2 hospitals into one.??

What a sad day, I was only going in to sort out my study days cos I'm on maternity leave. Sad to think that I've worked my last shift at hartlepool as I'm not back til January

Disgraceful! I've just got a letter to choose which hospital I can go to for my treatment, I was going to go too hartlepool,looks like it will have to be north tees now x

There is loads of unused empty space in North Tees. The new hospital on the other hand has way less beds than North Tees alone

when wil the people of hartlepool wake up ! dont vote for these clowns..and more important..use your vote..how many of those who moan dont even bother to vote..you get what you deserve

ALWAYS SAID THEY WERE ONLY IN POLITICS FOR THEMSELVES

the best statement i ever seen about politics was"any person who WANTS to be ain poitics should automatically be banned from being one"

hope they take the cleaning staff because i was in north tees 4 weeks ago and it was a disgrace.

Another NHS improvement...

It was always on the cards and with the new one been granted at wynyard Iam not at all surprised,but to be honest Iam glad cause some of the treatment that my grandparents were treated and my son sooner the better.i a m not blaming all people who work there because their is a lot good nurses and staff.

A politician should earn your vote! Why vote for someone just cos they are'nt the worst of a bad bunch. The Monkey changed into a suit as soon as he became Mayor when he promised he would'nt their all liars!

I was in North Tees before during and after the ward deep cleans in October and November - Ward 30 is spotless, Ward 29 leaves alot to be desired staffing wise full stop. Intensive care was spotless with staff seriously putting cleanliness at the top of the agenda - nursing staff and cleaning staff.

Ward 29 is seriously understaffed and nurses continuously forgot what they were meant to be doing, forgot meds, meals, the works. I begged to go back to ward 30 a week after my resection because I actually feared Id end up back on TPN and in Intensive care through the lack of decent care on Ward 29. Going back to Ward 30 was like going home, I got my 'old' room back, a hot drink was waiting on my table for me and I thrived once I got there..........

A waste of a job and tax payers money

it was labour govt who decided to close our hospital. the coalition axed the plans for the new hospital as labour had left the country penniless and we couldn't afford to build it

I have no issue with any of the staff at both hospitals they are fantastic. The issue is with funding the wards. This means they are stretched to the limit

Labour is to blame. I remember marching to stop the closure before the last election labour won. Just another casualty of Blair.

Can't blame a y one party Labour started it conservatives just Finished the job

Iain Wright MP said:

"There has been delay and argument over the health services of Hartlepool and north Tees for the best part of 20 years. The ability of people of Hartlepool and other areas to access world-class facilities has been hampered by this endless debate. I hope this announcement of half a billion pounds investment by the Government in the Borough of Hartlepool will put an end to such talk. Instead, the focus should be on securing the best health for the people of the town and the wider area. Soon, the people of Hartlepool will have first-class health facilities in the heart of the town, with the imminent opening of the Park Road centre, together with the best and most up-to-date hospital in Europe.

"This substantial investment in our area will also mean tremendous opportunities for jobs and apprenticeship schemes. I will be pushing the NHS Trust to ensure that this half a billion pounds investment in the town will be matched by a commitment to employ local labour and provide apprenticeship places for young people in the town."

wonder what happend to local services for local people ...not a quick journey when your travelling in an ambulance at night ...at least mine was not ..

yes very sorry for the staff, but the nobody has mentioned the patients that are in there and how their visitors get there nobody has realy thought this thing through, perfectly good hospital going down the pan. greedy councils, it's all about money this land will have been sold long ago.

..the suit got voted in twice so he cant have done that bs

Disgusting - on the news this morning it said that A and E services in this country are collapsing. If they hadn't closed so many the country wouldn't be in the state it's in. Why did they spend so much money on the General - new windows etc when they were knew it was going to close.

Will there be a free bus to north tees?or just pay through the nose for parking oh sorry forgot this is a rich prosperous town

Inspector Knacker

This whole sorry infuriating affair where people are made to feel irrelevant and the little grey suits and their appatatchiks scuttle about telling us how they are making our world better has more in common with 1984...... talking heads with stock phrases who radiate arrogant indifference.
For the first time in my life I'm experiencing a feeling of utter helplessness where those we elect to defend us are now part of the problem .... I can finally see why people rebel against such a system , that puts itself at the centre of its own world.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Apparently tonight's Mail was already out at 7:30 this morning with details.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

So, we'll have the usual tiresome consultation period, the process whereby  the Trust tries to flog the idea to us, but we're getting it anyway, so no need to try too hard then.
They know now they can more or less do just what they want, we're defenceless.
The most pathetic piece was about transport through to North Tees, haven't we been through all this nonsense  before, we know where it ends, so please stop treating us like utter idiots.....and as for volunteer drivers, it's all getting bit third world now.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.