Last Medical Wards To Close

Started by craig finton, January 11, 2013, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Having worked so effectively in achieving the closure of the A&E, it looks like the Trust will use the same method to achieve full closure of Hartlepool Hospital. They're planning on getting an outside body to carry out a Clinical Safety Check on the remaining wards in the next few weeks; something that was already organised weeks before the latest criticisms in The Mail. So you run the wards down to the point when they become unsafe, call in a safety assessment which confirms this and then use this as the reason to close the hospital. Cynical? Yes. Arrogant? Yes. Do they give a f*c*? NO.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/13-news/health/130-last-medical-wards-to-close-in-august
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Ah well, I suppose it's all for our own good ... they know what's best for us mere mortals (sorry, must cut this post short - my unicorn and wyvern are scrapping)  ;)

steveL

Throw this one into the hat.....

The Trust is about to spend £2.2m on improving the Elderly Care Wards at North Tees Hospital. Does that sound like Wynyard is expected to go ahead? Because if it does, it must surely fall into the category 'a complete waste of money.'
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

There's very little evidence of joined up thinking ... feels like the Wynyard 'mirage' is being vaguely floated in front of us whilst the real plans are surely but quietly being implemented in the background.

Inspector Knacker

Not so very long ago the very idea of what's being proposed would have lead to a closing of ranks and blood on the moon. Yet now our lives seem to governed by little mousey people in suits, irrelevant clerks who rose without trace to run our lives yet purport to represent us at the same time yet appear to discount the views of those who elected them
Even the electorate are subdued, worn down by realising that no matter what they do or say, the little clerks will do what they want to do and they don't do compromise, they impose.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

marky

Oh I think their thinking is very joined up, Lucy. It's their honesty that they're having a problem with . . .

fred c

Quote from: Riddler5 on January 14, 2013, 05: PM
Not so very long ago the very idea of what's being proposed would have lead to a closing of ranks and blood on the moon. Yet now our lives seem to governed by little mousey people in suits, irrelevant clerks who rose without trace to run our lives yet purport to represent us at the same time yet appear to discount the views of those who elected them
Even the electorate are subdued, worn down by realising that no matter what they do or say, the little clerks will do what they want to do and they don't do compromise, they impose.

I don`t think any of "The Dis- Trust" were elected, which ponders the question how did they get into a position were they can dismiss with impunity the views of 30,000 residents of Hartlepool???

Well that & the fact that the some of the people we did elect to represent us, completely betrayed the people of Hartlepool & East Durham, they were more concerned with their own self interest policies.

The QuangoTwats must have felt as though they had been savaged by a "Dead Sheep" for all the good the pseudo action taken by "The Mob" within & without HBC did.

Witness the debacle that ensued surrounding the full council meeting, seats removed, press releases from The Goebbels Dept of HBC, manipulated proposal, forgotten letter etc etc etc

craig finton

Perhaps any further meetings with these people should incorporate lie detectors. Don't you think that as each meeting with councillors is over, the trust staff must just smile at each other over how easy it is to bamboozle them.
One other thing, even though the level of respect shown to the views of the people of Hartlepool has been deplorable, the level of respect for the views of people in the collieries has been even worse. It's my view that the Teesside Trust  considers that the collieries should come under County Durham and therefore have no interest in them.

Inspector Knacker

I don't think any views from the public count with these people, they love to talk of consultation, but the consultation always ends up as a presentation, an oportunity for them to put their point over in the chance they can talk you round to their view and little consultstion as such ever occurs ...if you don't play along, they carry on regardless
They nibble away, burrowing away remorselessly till there's nothing left.
Who does speak for us .....?

stokoe

Quote from: steveL on January 14, 2013, 01: PM
Having worked so effectively in achieving the closure of the A&E, it looks like the Trust will use the same method to achieve full closure of Hartlepool Hospital. They're planning on getting an outside body to carry out a Clinical Safety Check on the remaining wards in the next few weeks; something that was already organised weeks before the latest criticisms in The Mail. So you run the wards down to the point when they become unsafe, call in a safety assessment which confirms this and then use this as the reason to close the hospital. Cynical? Yes. Arrogant? Yes. Do they give a f*c*? NO.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/13-news/health/130-last-medical-wards-to-close-in-august

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/shortfalls-in-hospital-care-probe-1-5284702

steve that is what i was trying to say about keith dawkins he is right what he says,

but by saying it it gives the mob more ammo to say on h@s grounds we can't run it

shut it down.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: stokoe on January 15, 2013, 06: AM
Quote from: steveL on January 14, 2013, 01: PM

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/shortfalls-in-hospital-care-probe-1-5284702

steve that is what i was trying to say about keith dawkins he is right what he says,

but by saying it it gives the mob more ammo to say on h@s grounds we can't run it.

shut it down.
Sorry, but what you're advocating is a let's keep quiet and they'll leave us alone attitude for a little bit longer. You have to realise they'll do what they want when they want, your reaction, timid or bold will be irrelevant to them.
If we were to adopt a compliant silent attitude, wouldn't they then be able to assume we're in agreement with their actions
I'd rather irritate them than let them think for one minute they could ever win my approval!

stokoe

Riddler I'm not saying keep quiet read above I say I agree,but its another nail,as they are doing it on purpose to run it down.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: stokoe on January 15, 2013, 07: AM
Riddler I'm not saying keep quiet read above I say I agree,but its another nail,as they are doing it on purpose to run it down.
I take it we all want the same thing, but whether people complain or not, these peple will do just what they want

steveL

I can see where you're coming from, Stokoe, but I think all Dawkins did was shine a light on something that was happening that the Trust would rather have been kept in the dark. It really is a repeat of what happened with A&E - the Trust run the remaining wards down and reduce staffing levels over a period of months then get the National Assessment Team in knowing full well that they will say that it's unsafe. It just happens that Dawkins was in hospital during this period and blew the whistle on what was going on.

Frankly, I don't think it would matter much if a Tiger Moth wrote the message in the sky for all to see; the Trust have been working to the same plan for eleven years.

I'm sure the Trust would have much preferred it if they could have kept everything underwraps until they had the press release all carefully prepared ready for The Mail telling us all the findings of the Assessment Team.

"It's not us saying it should be closed but the Assessment Team.

They've probably prepared it already.

Inspector Knacker

I think the public do care about this, but they've been worn down by  a ratchet like faceless system  over a long period of time. Most of the changes are slight and imperceptible, but the sum total over the long term is devestating and this has been a long term game. ...... and add to that the political Easter Island statues we have representing us, we're lucky we've held out so long.