McLuckie in Court

Started by steveL, November 30, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

A former chairman of Cleveland Police Authority has appeared in court accused of perverting the course of justice.
Dave McLuckie, a Redcar and Cleveland councillor, was arrested last month.
Appearing before Newcastle magistrates, the 51-year-old, of Stokesley, North Yorkshire, indicated a not guilty plea.
He is accused of persuading a man to accept responsibility for a traffic offence he committed. He was bailed to appear at Newcastle Crown Court on 20 December.
The alleged offence is said to have taken place in Saltburn in 2005.
The charge is the first relating to an inquiry into allegations of corruption at the police authority.
Operation Sacristy concerns a number of individuals with past or present associations with the police authority.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-20556048
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

You get away with it for years and then one day it comes back and bites you on the ar*se!

The f**ty Belchers and Angie have  an uncertain future..............

fred c

Perverting the Course of Justice, if convicted for that particular offence, i think its a knocking bet you get Home House dinners for quite a while.

"The more we see, the more there is to see"

The Great Dictator

Its hardly crime of the fuc**ng century is it,  a detective told me to do it 10 years ago cos they all do it.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

It is a bit pathetic a crime but his position makes it 100 times worse and there is always the question of if he did this then what else has he got away with. 
I don't believe it.

steveL

I know of one local Councillor who boasts that being a member of the Police Authority was almost like having a personal warrant card - he'd lost track of the number of times that he'd got off on drink/driving offences just by being able to say he was on the PA.

Needless to say, the guy was drunk when he told me this.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

This is just the start of fat Dave's problems. There are a shed load of far more serious crimes being investigated. I think he will count himself lucky if this is the only one they nail him for.

Remember Dumbo  saying (as part of Team Dave) he had 'every confidence' in the man and his innocence.........

tankerville

Wasn't there another guy who admitted more than 14 offences while a serving police officer, I wonder what happened to him?

Someone said he became a Mayor but that can't be true how can a criminal be elected as Mayor.

Big Dave will get a caution after which re-instated into the Labour Party Group and off he'll go again on another money making enterprise to line his pockets.

Just wait and see if I'm right or proved wrong.

not4me

I think the charges against Mallon were in a disciplinary hearing background rather than in a criminal court and therefore pleading guilty would not result in a criminal record. If there was a criminal case to be made against him then presumably that's what would have happened. To my knowledge - it didn't.

The Great Dictator

Mallons crimes were never reported, he's very slippery........A police civvy worker was accused of a relationship with him and sued the police and got £100k in damages.

He was seen with her on many occasions and she mysteriously called off her wedding. Other rumours are unmentionable..

mk1

Quote from: testicles on December 01, 2012, 01: AM
Mallons crimes were never reported, he's very slippery........A police civvy worker was accused of a relationship with him and sued the police and got £100k in damages.

He was seen with her on many occasions and she mysteriously called off her wedding. Other rumours are unmentionable..

The News Of The World had a team on this. Quite a few people in Hartlepool were interviewed They followed Mallon to his gym and had loads of  circumstantial evidence on the pair. However thay could not get the 'killer facts' and the story was shelved.
The curious should also  ask themselves why a very active  high profile Hartlepool criminal (TR)was able to escape arrest when Mallon was here. I know one officer suspected he was an informer for a 'high profile' officer and was being protected.

marky

With the way things have already gone since November 15th it looks like Cleveland Police have taken a giant leap in the wrong direction. It's time Cleveland Police dissappeared - it hasn't been fit for purpose for a long time.

rabbit

"Big Dave will get a caution"

Guidance on sentencing suggests that a minimum of 4 months is normal if found guilty of this offence.

Only other hope is for an acquittal.

The Great Dictator

Correct MK1, another crim told me that he was blatantly involved in the drug supply in town and was in fact suspended for supplying heroine to prisoners for information.

tankerville

In all honesty can you see this guy getting 4 months in prison? even if he was given a minimum sentence he would be back walking the streets well short of four months, time off for good behaviour, model prisoner, etc. etc.

Will he still be paid his councillors allowance while in prison. ??????????