Mail Councillor Survey

Started by steveL, November 29, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Interesting survey currently being undertaken by The Mail and obvously picking up from the HTH 'On the back of a Lie' story.

"Labour need to come clean and reveal just how much those allowances will be from May and just how much the new committee system is set to cost us"

Look out for the uniform responses of the 21 Labour Councillors who will currently be waiting to hear from the Polit Buro as to what their opinions should be  ;D

Dear Councillor,
As you are aware Hartlepool Borough Council's Independent Remuneration Panel (IRP) is currently examining what impact reducing the number of councillors from 47 to 33 in the May election will have on the basic allowance of £5,767.
The Hartlepool Mail is conducting a Councillor Survey of all members to ask them their opinion as to whether they think the basic allowance should be increased, and if so, why.
This is particularly timely given the recent mayoral referendum, which was in favour of reverting to a committee system from May.
We are asking all councillors to answer the following questions:

* Question 1)  Are you in favour of an increase in the basic allowance for councillors?
Please answer either yes or no.

* Question 2)  Please explain the reasons behind your answer to question one.

* Question 3)  Do you believe there should be an increase in the special responsibility allowances (for chairman of committees etc) under the new committee structure?

Please keep answers to no more than 60 words to ensure we can print answers in full and be fair to everyone.
I appreciate it is short notice but I would appreciate it if all the answers could be emailed back to me by noon on Friday, November 30, in order for us to publish the answers in the Hartlepool Mail early next week

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Joy will be recieving a letter from Edwin telling her to mind her own business!
I guess the f**ty Belchers will be typing out 17  'personalised' replies as we speak.

whatabouthisthen

Why not have a competition here on HTH to see who can write a letter that most closely matches the Councillors' replies? assuming they do deign to reply!