Is This Good News or Bad?

Started by testing times, November 26, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

Can't make my mind up about this. A 'moped' that looks like a Mini and can be driven by 16 year olds from January on a moped license. Trouble is, I can see lots of soft parents forking out to appease their spolit little sprogs.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/20451602

not4me

God help us. They should raise the driving age to 21 for males and leave females at 17.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

It costs £10K ...how many 16 year olds in Hartlepool have £10 to their name, never mind £10K !!!
I don't believe it.

tankerville

I passed my test on a motorbike allowing me to ride a bike any size engine, the law changed restricting riders to minimum/maximum size engine allowed then re-test.

I've always wondered why was this not applicable to Motorists?

Having passed their test a youngster can purchase the fastest car he/she can afford.

Would it make sense restricting size of vehicle.ie; Fiat 500/850 for the first year moving on to 1000cc max.

Just a thought.

The Great Dictator

Kids in the US can drive at 16.

SRMoore

steveL

They can all legally buy a Gun at 21 too....not really the place I'd like to use as a benchmark.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

whatabouthisthen

No doubt Marge will be able to swing it onto the Council to fund the Manor/West View kids and to 'appoint' a manager to supervise the project.