Won on the back of a Lie

Started by marky, November 22, 2012, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

I doubt if I'm the only one who reads Mr Jeffries' response as involving two fingers and confirmation that the local labour crowd are now completely out of control. Add this on to the Peer Group findings and I'm starting to wonder how far we are away from appealing to the Government to dissolve HBC and to 'send the boys in'.
We are going to go nowhere with this bunch of lying bas**ar*s.

fred c

I wondered how this councillor appeared a stonewaller.....now i know.

"An e-mail therefore seemed in order to the Secretary of the Hartlepool Constituency Labour Party, Sylvia Tempest, asking the party to explain the calculation that had been used to produce the £1m figure".

The reply from HCLP is another example of Local Democracy in action, what a way to treat members of the electorate, stifle debate & repress the freedom of relevant information to the people of Hartlepool so they can`t  make an informed decision on the way Hartlepool is governed.

I suppose we should be thankfull that we aren`t all rounded up & sent to the Gulag.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: fred c on November 23, 2012, 10: AM

I suppose we should be thankfull that we aren`t all rounded up & sent to the Gulag.

With the Police force now being a political entity it could end up just being a matter of time before dissent is 'actively discouraged'  ;)

The attached article/blog is largely to do with the media, but it could be viewed in a wider context.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9696389/Call-a-truce-before-centuries-of-free-speech-are-brought-to-an-end.html

steveL

oh I think we're already there and have been for some time.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

The claim Murdoch and the other press barons are interested in 'free speech' is  hystericaly funny.
They see what is coming-redress for all those lives trashed just to sell a few papers. They have lost the cosy back door into no.10 so are creating a flap through the few politicians they have a hold over.
Bugger the lot of them!

testing times

I keep re-reaading that e-mail from Jeffries. I think I'm having trouble believing just how arrogant it actually is.

not4me

Standards have gone out of the window. Say anything, do anything to get what you want - that's where we are today.