Are all Councillors corrupt.......................

Started by mk1, November 21, 2012, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

mk1

Dumbo has a whine about one of his mates losing his job (as a result on Mallon's interference it says in my previous post) in tonights Mail

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/mayor-hits-out-at-police-boss-axe-1-5149950

Mayor Drummond said: "I am not sure of the exact reasons behind it, but I am extremely saddened for Stuart because over the last 12-months he has done a fantastic job in transforming the organisation into something resembling a well-run and well-governed public body, from a point where it was virtually on its knees.

Yeah right. Like we need lectures from the man who opined in 2011:

May 10th 2011

UNANIMOUS backing has been given by members of Cleveland Police Authority for Councillor Dave McLuckie to continue as the authority chairman..............................The authority said in a statement: "Having considered Cllr McLuckie's statement authority members considered the matter without Cllr McLuckie present and resolved unanimously that he should continue in his post as authority chair."

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2011/05/10/cleveland-police-authority-back-chairman-84229-28666467/

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Occasionally, though rarely, you're posts are worth reading but youre constant referring to Mayor Drummond as Dumbo is tiresome, ignorant and quite frankly childish

mk1

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on November 21, 2012, 11: PM
Occasionally, though rarely, you're posts are worth reading but youre constant referring to Mayor Drummond as Dumbo is tiresome, ignorant and quite frankly childish

'Dumbo'  captures the man exactly.
His support for fat dave (no problem with that name I suppose?) illustrates his dumbness:

"Having considered Cllr McLuckie's statement authority members considered the matter without Cllr McLuckie present and resolved unanimously that he should continue in his post as authority chair."

He is history, get over it.

for fawkes sake

An interesting post which shows that, far from politics being kept out of the new Commissioner's role, from day one politics is totally at the heart of it. This doesn't bode well for the future.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

mk1

Quote from: for fawkes sake on November 22, 2012, 02: PM
An interesting post which shows that, far from politics being kept out of the new Commissioner's role, from day one politics is totally at the heart of it. This doesn't bode well for the future.

And one Police Chief has gone already........politicians are simply lying bas*tards.

steveL

The speed with which this has taken place suggests that a plan was already in place before the election and that this could only have realistically happened if the post-election situation had already been discussed with interested partys beforehand.

Interesting too that all thought of a selection process seems to have gone out of the window and we're down to the level of personal appointments thereby opening the door to blatant cronyism. No change there then.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

brassed off monkey

I thought there was a multi million pound enquiry going on into CP with regards to a similar kind of decision making.

Jobs for the boys it would seem................ as opposed to the CP enquiry being............Jobs for the girls.

Ohhhhhh forgot, it also looked into who was a lying ba*****s

notenoughsaid

Having read of some of the developments (in such a short time) since the election of PCC's around the country I feel the system is already showing signs of being fundamentally flawed.  Not to long ago I quoted the words of Mr. Coppinger the local PCC on this site as being "it is vital Labour secure this position " and I posed the question "why " and "what  is in his mind".   Now perhaps it is beginning to become clear. Total Labour dominance springs to mind.   I also note that  today the PCC for the Avon and Somerset force area has told the Chief Constable that he will have to apply for his own job.  It appears she wishes to restructure the whole force and examine the process, whatever that means.   Since the request the current CC has declined the offer and in the abscence of any outstanding allegations and subject to him being of retirement age he has opted to resign.  He will walk away with a hefty pension and lump sum and then dash to his solicitor and instruct to sue for constructive dismissal.    Does this behaviour smack of attempts to save the tax payers cash?  I could not guess  at the amount of compensation and cost such rash actions could amount to. Watch this space.

From the outset I have always felt that to give individuals such power without having to submit a C.V.,prove qualifications including managerial skills etc. and be subjected to short listing and interview is folly.   Time will tell.