Police commissioner

Started by Julie noted, October 22, 2012, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

wow . . . you could spin for Britain, Shane
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

Mr Lupton played no small part in getting the Darzi report, which recommended a two-site solution, thrown out via the 'reconfiguration review'. It's unrealistic to expect anyone in Hartlepool to vote for him and when you read of his career, you see a habitual quango hopper, a characteristic which many of the candidates around the UK for the Police Commissioner's roles seem to share.
In this report, Lupton refers to the Darzi report as 'a scandalous review' and quite clearly wanted to see a 'one site' solution based at North Tees.
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/news-archive/2005/12/29/the-flaws-of-darzi-plan-84229-16530466/

SRMoore

So what you are saying Marky is that because Ken actually listened to the residents of Stockton (who he was elected to represent) and spoke out on their behalf we should discount him because the outcome didn't favour Hartlepool?

What you should be asking is why councillors in Hartlepool didn't do the same and continue to ignore the views and wishes of the people they were elected to represent.

As you can see from the letter you linked, Ken was obviously convinced the decision had been made but he still pushed on and got the decision looked at again. I, and I know most of you, may not like the outcome of his actions but I have a lot of respect for him for battling on which is more than I can say for elected members in Hartlepool who simply sold us out once we'd voted their man in.

The Great Dictator

Is Ken Lupton the one who stood against Gus Robinson in the general election in 2001 ?

SRMoore

Not in Hartlepool T. I believe there is a Ken Lupton in the town though, former teacher I believe?

marky

No one in Hartlepool is going to vote for someone who played such an active part in getting the Darzi plans for the hospital overturned. - simple

Lucy Lass-Tick

Looks like Ms. May is already pre-empting queries as to whether a low turnout constitutes a clear mandate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20218584

SRMoore

So you won't vote for Ken because he's a Conservative who stood up against Labour and faught for the people who elected him.

Ok, no worries, I'll be voting for him so there is at least 1 person in Hartlepool voting for him. Another theory debunked.

The Great Dictator

Sorry i meant did he stand against Gus for the candidacy ?

SRMoore

The Great Dictator

no6bus

The Great Dictator

No, he was in 1992. This guy from Stockton competed with Gus for the seat in 2001, i thought it was Lupton.

mk1

A Labour  Police Commisioner  will uphold the long tradition of the party in matters of 'law and order'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-20225725

Dave McLuckie arrested by Operation Sacristy officers for second time

The former chairman of Cleveland Police Authority has been arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice, the BBC understands.

Dave McLuckie was held last month in connection with a motoring offence, it has emerged.

The Redcar and Cleveland councillor was already on bail as part of Operation Sacristy, a criminal probe into alleged corruption at the police authority.

He has been bailed until 16 November after the most recent allegations.

Mr McLuckie could not be contacted on Wednesday.

'Fraud offence'

A spokeswoman for Warwickshire Police, whose officers are leading the investigation, said: "A 51-year-old man has been arrested by members of the Operation Sacristy team.

"The man was arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice, obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception and a fraud offence."

Officers from Operation Sacristy will pass evidence to the Crown Prosecution Service for charging advice.

George

Ken Lupton who was a long term football league referee and covered Pools v Darlo but as he didn't give Pools any dodgy penalties this is certain to lose him votes in the town  ::)