Local Elections

Started by jeffh, April 06, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Just in case anyone wants to refresh their memory on the McLaughlin story ...

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/is%20there%20a%20doctor%20in%20the%20house.htm

jawsbbc

Quote from: DRiddle on April 12, 2018, 08: AM
Am hearing lots of murmurs from within the Labour group about the whereabouts of Dr Pothole. Reportedly he hasn't been in Hartlepool for at least two weeks and its annoyed a lot of the Labour group. Particularly those of them up for re-election.
If there IS one thing you can say Labour do well, it's their canvassing. They all get their boots on the ground and get their leaflets out and knock on doors. The good Doctor himself benefited massively from this when he scraped home by a handful of votes in the Headland. So you can imagine the annoyance of the more rotund members of the Labour group as they puff and pant their way around the wards as the good Doctor dines out in the massive chicken shop in Tooting. The resentment is such that I'm now told two things have happened which are interesting.

Firstly, an e-mail has gone out to "our comrades in Easington" (that's a genuine quote from the e-mail) pleading for help with the canvassing. said email

Secondly, and much more interesting is I'm told the whole issue with how a Doctor from Tooting ended up as a councillor 270 miles away has finally caught the interest of the wider regional press. Seems like a 'coincidence' that's happened this week after months of denial from within their group.

Dr Mike, you'd better get yourself down to Kings Cross pretty sharpish fella. 😉

jawsbbc

think someone needs to tell anth frain that the said  email is in the public domain
anth frains reply to someone who had the email in his possession  see below

Your ability to be played by Riddle and the post is frankly staggering  He lays out the crumbs and you happily follow them off a cliff every time.

Let me furnish you with some facts...

1. Mike McLaughlin has personally done all of the campaign work on the Marina and in Burbank thus far, he's delivered more than 3000 Manifestos and leaflets.

2. Hartlepool CLP has sent no communications to Easington CLP (as I'm sure you're aware) other than responding to an unsolicited offer of help from your CLP Secretary. The offer was welcomed, gratitude was expressed and a link was provided to our campaign diary.

You're pedalling PHF lies

fred c

Interesting to note Thomas has had a dig at the "Independent /UKIP Candidate...... as for Doc Potholes acolyte......He could well end up as Mayor.... nudge nudge, wink wink

mk1

Is not the flat -out denial by Frain shown to be a lie by the wording of the plea for help from Stephan Thomas?
Also note its a message from Hartlepool Labour to Easington Labour.
Someone in Easington is making mischief for Hartlepool.

Given the 3 newly elected Hartlepool Labour Party officials busy leaking stuff about 'someone' in Easington I guess it must be payback time

fred c

Apparently to be a good liar you need a good memory, and it's obvious from some of the stuff that is now coming from a section of £3 Corbynites that their capacity to retain a record of their public utterances is almost zero....

The pathetic attempts by Anth, Barclay and Co to try and justify HCLPs backing of a candidate from 250 miles south of Hartlepool is a prime example.

DRiddle

Am hearing Shane has caught him out telling a big fat porkie about church street.

mk1

Perhaps time to remind The Dear Leader of how well he and his partner did when the Mail ran a poll on their antics..........

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on April 15, 2018, 02: PM
Am hearing Shane has caught him out telling a big fat porkie about church street.

Frain is adamant that the council have "Paid Now't for Jacksons Landing".......... he has stated that on numerous occasions on the Mails FB Page, usually in response to my point about it costing the CT payers £1.4 million pounds.

fred c

Apparently..... according to a HCLP official an inquiry into SAB's sacking has actually taken place...... some "gentleman from labour north" conducted it and rewarded Handsome Ste with 2 Gold Medals.

jawsbbc

Quote from: fred c on April 15, 2018, 05: PM
Apparently..... according to a HCLP official an inquiry into SAB's sacking has actually taken place...... some "gentleman from labour north" conducted it and rewarded Handsome Ste with 2 Gold Medals.
TAKEN FROM  FACEBOOK
Tom Cook  the Hartlepool Labour Party's investigation into Coun Stephen Akers Belcher was taken over by a gentleman at Labour North and they didn't publicise the results of the investigation it as it was an internal matter.
Manage
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 17w
Tom Cook
Tom Cook  I'd believe the Labour Councillor as the information I have given is true to the best of my knowledge but I'd assume a Councillor would know more. I wasn't active within the party at the time.

I believe the matter was dealt with by the same gentleman that had dealings in Redcar CLP with some of their councillors. Unless of course I'm misinformed.

Tom Cook
Tom Cook i sympathise with people that dismissed and discredit claims re Mike McL without being made aware of the full situation.

I had no reason to believe that the information I had was anything but the truth.

I honestly don't know the gentleman's name but I know he was involved with something to do with Redcar councillors. Other than that I'm not much help. Apologies for vagueness.
Manage
Like · Reply · 17w

Tom Cook
Tom Cook Just had further confirmation from other members of the panel that what I've said re the investigation from Labour being taken over by Labour north. Would recommend confirming with Fiona at Labour North.

Appears that the councillor(s) is/are mistaken unless the panel and investigation has been completely fabricated, then not publicised after being made up.
Manage
Chris
I think I shall remain skeptical. Lend Labour my vote at National Level and likely vote elsewhere locally/crime commissioner etc etc.
Manage
Hide 15 Replies
Tom Cook
Tom Cook That's your right, Chris. People will make their own assessment of the situation based on what information they have provided.

I am disappointed that in light of questions regarding elected Labour councillors' integrity, that we appear to have another elected official using misleading language behind the scenes. Perhaps they are misinformed but I'd suggest spending two minutes on Google to find out about Coun SAB referring himself to the chief whip at the time and the investigation beginning.
Manage
Chris
Chris  I remember reading that at the time. Having just re-read it, it appears to be the chief whip of the Labour Group in Hartlepool.

This issue clearly isn't going away until people are satisfied whatever disciplinary proceedure was transparent.

I find it odd that so many disgruntled ex greens are now on board here ( and I don't mean you). It's almost like they've been persuaded it's for the greater good.
Manage
Tom Cook
Tom Cook Chris  I think the Green Party were/are an anti-Blairite movement in the town that disliked corruption and centrism on the left. I was into it. I can see why these people would be calling out Labour group members if they are faced with a narrative of corruption and cover ups.

It is no secret that Hartlepool Labour have a PR problem and have made reckless decisions in the last collectively and individually (allowance increase and angie Wilcox) but a large percentage of the things put out regarding the Labour Group is nothing short of fictitious nonsense. The councillors won't like me for saying this but they're not smart enough to be Machiavellian, which is part of the reason they need steering sometimes due to consciousness of public image.
Manage
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 17w · Edited