Local Elections

Started by jeffh, April 06, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

Does anybody know the runners & riders for May 3rd?

Hartlepudlion

On the Council's home page

Disgruntled voter

I know their handicap

jeffh

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on April 06, 2018, 06: PM
On the Council's home page
All I can see is the Notice of Election - is the list buried in the site somewhere - I've found the list on Facebook - thanks Sadie

Stevef

Candidates List for Local Elections

Burn Valley

John Lauderdale       Independent
Ben Marshall         Conservative
Karen Oliver                 Labour

De Bruce
James Barker         Independent
Karen Louise King      The For Britain Movement
Stephen Thomas               Labour
Mike Young                  Conservative

Fens & Rossmere
Tom Casy                  Greens
Alan Clark                  Labour
Dennis Loynes               Conservative
Tony Richardson               Putting Hartlepool First

Foggy Furze
Ann Marshall         Labour
Andrew Martin-Wells      Conservative
Darren Price                  Independent
Michael James Ritchie   Greens
Andrew Wildberg               Independent

Hart
George Brade         Conservative
Thomas Cassidy               Independant
Aileen Kendon               Labour

Headland & Harbour
Jim Ainslie         Labour
Christopher          Conservative
Timothy Fleming      Independant

Jesmond

Derek Begley         Greens
Paddy Brown         Labour
Kieth Dawkins              Putting Hartlepool First
Bill Reeve                 Conservative

Manor House
Kate Dobson                    Greens
Marjorie James                 Labour
Linda Parker                    Independent
Jayne Reeve            Conservative

Rural West
James Brewer            Independent
Michael Holt                   Greens
Helen Howson               Labour
Brenda Loynes              Conservative

Seaton
Yousuf Khan                     Labour
Sue Little                      Putting Hartlepool First
Veronica Nicholson       Conservative

Victoria
Justin Cutts                    Conservative
Carl Richardson               Labour

You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.

jeffh

For those of you who don't look at Facebook -

Burn Valley
John Lauderdale (Ind)
Ben Marshall (Con)
Karen Oliver (Lab)

De Bruce
James Barker (Ind)
Karen King (For Britain)
Stephen Thomas (Lab)
Mike Young (Con)

Fens & Rossmere
Tom Casey (Green)
Alan Clark (Lab)
Dennis Loynes (Con)
Tony Richardson (PHF)

Foggy Furze
Ann Marshall (Lab) - currently held by Labour but Kaylee Sirs stood down
Andrew Martin-Wells (Con)
Daren Price (Ind)
Michael Ritchie (Green)
Andrew Wildberg (Ind)

Hart
George Brade (Con)
Tom Cassidy (Ind)
Aileen Kendon (Labour)

Headland & Harbour
Jim Ainslie (Lab)
Christopher Broadbent (Con)
Tim Fleming (Ind)

Jesmond
Derek Begley (Green)
Paddy Brown (Lab)
Keith Dawkins (PHF)
Bill Reeve (Con)

Manor House
Katie Dobson (Green)
Marjorie James (Lab)
Linda Parker (Ind)
Jayne Reeve (Con)

Rural West
James Brewer (Ind)
Michael Holt (Green)
Helen Howson (Lab)
Brenda Loynes (Con)

Seaton
Yousuf Khan (Lab)
Sue Little (PHF)
Veronica Nicholson (Con)

Victoria
Justin Cutts (Con)
Carl Richardson (Lab)

jeffh

The obvious disappointment from the list is Dave Riddle's decision not to stand, though I'm quite sure there will be quite a few who disagree with me.

Also gone are the 2 ex UKIP members George Springer and Tom Hind but a bid for a return to the fold is Jim Ainslie.

The Great Dictator

Is this the same Justin Cutts that was in the mail in 2016/17 for another reason ?

Inspector Knacker

Quite a a few spongy sandbag candidates there ( no chance of winning but there to soak up some votes). Especially in Foggy Furze.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

I am led to believe that the 'Other Independent' standing in Foggy is related by marriage somewhere along the line to Cranney, I think he also had some connection with OFCA.

The LabMob can't be overly confident in the party's Official Candidate, the perennial Ann Marshall if they need a back up... ::)

Foggy

Fingers crossed Darren Price can do it this time. Clearly they are very worried about his chances of winning to go to the bother of organising a fake independent. Not to mention the appearance of Andrew Martin wells in foggy furze again.

I see half the Wells family appear in the list again. Hope no one is conned by the name 'Reeve'.

Their games do amuse me.

DRiddle

Am hearing lots of murmurs from within the Labour group about the whereabouts of Dr Pothole. Reportedly he hasn't been in Hartlepool for at least two weeks and its annoyed a lot of the Labour group. Particularly those of them up for re-election.
If there IS one thing you can say Labour do well, it's their canvassing. They all get their boots on the ground and get their leaflets out and knock on doors. The good Doctor himself benefited massively from this when he scraped home by a handful of votes in the Headland. So you can imagine the annoyance of the more rotund members of the Labour group as they puff and pant their way around the wards as the good Doctor dines out in the massive chicken shop in Tooting. The resentment is such that I'm now told two things have happened which are interesting.

Firstly, an e-mail has gone out to "our comrades in Easington" (that's a genuine quote from the e-mail) pleading for help with the canvassing.

Secondly, and much more interesting is I'm told the whole issue with how a Doctor from Tooting ended up as a councillor 270 miles away has finally caught the interest of the wider regional press. Seems like a 'coincidence' that's happened this week after months of denial from within their group.

Dr Mike, you'd better get yourself down to Kings Cross pretty sharpish fella. 😉

fred c

Will this news mean Anth will have more time to canvas in this election......he could also end up with egg all over his moi, he has often stated the Doc lives in Hartlepool unless of course he forgot to mention it was only for part of the month  ::)

Inspector Knacker

Foggy Furze seems a very popular ward, There's an Independent followed by a dependent 'Independent', a token Tory and now the only green standing in the town. Oops, mustn't forget the Labour vote winner. ::)
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on April 12, 2018, 08: AM
Am hearing lots of murmurs from within the Labour group about the whereabouts of Dr Pothole. Reportedly he hasn't been in Hartlepool for at least two weeks and its annoyed a lot of the Labour group. Particularly those of them up for re-election.
If there IS one thing you can say Labour do well, it's their canvassing. They all get their boots on the ground and get their leaflets out and knock on doors. The good Doctor himself benefited massively from this when he scraped home by a handful of votes in the Headland. So you can imagine the annoyance of the more rotund members of the Labour group as they puff and pant their way around the wards as the good Doctor dines out in the massive chicken shop in Tooting. The resentment is such that I'm now told two things have happened which are interesting.

Firstly, an e-mail has gone out to "our comrades in Easington" (that's a genuine quote from the e-mail) pleading for help with the canvassing.

Secondly, and much more interesting is I'm told the whole issue with how a Doctor from Tooting ended up as a councillor 270 miles away has finally caught the interest of the wider regional press. Seems like a 'coincidence' that's happened this week after months of denial from within their group.

Dr Mike, you'd better get yourself down to Kings Cross pretty sharpish fella. 😉

There is more than a hint of truth in this, in the Manor they are obviously struggling to get leaflets out, mine popped through the door with the Farm Food brochure...

As for the second point..... The Posts Front Page covered all this in detail and the LabMod denied it totally, Barclay even came out with real Porkie " There will be a Statement Issued Shortly" implying the Post was wrong........ Now, I think it's got the point that the only bloke in Hartlepool who believes it is Anth.