This is the age of the train ....

Started by Stig of the Seaton Dump, March 02, 2018, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I don't believe it.

jeffh

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on March 02, 2018, 04: PM
http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2018-03-02/new-masterplan-for-middlesbrough-transport-hub/

It will be interesting how the Boro hub impacts on the Hartlepool 'Ub

It will be interesting to see if the direct link to London will go ahead - my understanding was that was to be part of the Virgin Trains East Coast franchise and was to take place towards the end of the franchise period - with Virgin wanting an early get out it now looks unlikely.
We have five direct trains to London each day - didn't do our 'ub much good

fred c

The amalgamation with TVA will prove to be another disastrous decision made by the SCABCabal...... it wasn't wanted by the vast majority of Hartlepudlians, but any choice in the matter was taken from us by the anti democratic 'I know best attitude' of The Deary Me Leader.

Lord Elpus

I'm sure Calamity Chris could offer the Boro advice on transport interchanges.

You're correct Fred Calamity Chris for some strange reason did not want Hartlepool residents to have a say. 

When you think of the trouble we had to get out of Cleveland then this nimcompoop hands it back to them on a plate and to add insult to injury we even pay for the privilidge.

'I'm a Leader' he shouts, never in a million years, the twerp would struggle to run a warm bath.  The sooner the Labour Group ditch him and his cabal the better for us all

stokoe

But will he give a f*c* Geoff nah he will of made his nice little earner,then f***i*g live the life of Riley with handsome masterchef ste,pair of cnnuts.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: stokoe on March 02, 2018, 05: PM
But will he give a f*c* Geoff nah he will of made his nice little earner,then f***i*g live the life of Riley with handsome masterchef ste,pair of cnnuts.

He'd never give it up, but I honestly think enough Labour Councillors are so sick to the back teeth of him and will have no quarms about taking it from come May's Group AGM.  I've heard even 'Father Ted' Barclay has had enough of the 'Andsome one'.

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on March 02, 2018, 05: PM
  The sooner the Labour Group ditch him and his cabal the better for us all
Have no fear. Anth was promising to get rid of The SCABSs/Cranney/Mad Dog  in the balmy halcyon days just after the GE. Emboldened by their escape from electoral disaster Momentum thought they could walk on water and  believed they could get rid of all the old Blairites and take over. They don't come more Blairite than Mandelson and The SCABs are Mandelsons creatures. True to Mandelsons ideals they are "intensely relaxed about people getting filthy rich' and, like Mandy intend to  make sure that they are the ones who become 'filthy rich'. The drubbing they got at Seaton seems to have  knocked the stuffing out of the  new lot and if anything the SCABs have tightened their grip on power. If Daddy Belcher gets a seat they will  have too many  votes in the bag to ever be removed.

fred c

If Daddy gets a seat the family allowances will be around £54,000.... plus a new bungalow.... not a bad little earner.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lord Elpus on March 02, 2018, 06: PM

He'd never give it up, but I honestly think enough Labour Councillors are so sick to the back teeth of him and will have no quarms about taking it from come May's Group AGM.  I've heard even 'Father Ted' Barclay has had enough of the 'Andsome one'.
I am astounded how any group of adults could be lead by the nose by this comic opera clique. Maybe it says more about the minions that let this Marx Brothers tribute act rule the roost and sit there in dumb acquiescence.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

The report on local TV tonight had the Boro faction describing it as a station fit for a city. They really are desperate to rule the roost. I was amused on BBC Tees this morning warming up the car at 6.00 as they announced the rail cancellations and it was one train to Whitby, Hartlepools was three trains to Kings Cross, it hurts. They seem to forget that Middlesbrough is at the end of the line and not a through line, so they're basically up the junction. The only way they can succeed is to deprive all other authorities and base them in a central hub at Middlesbrough and they will. They did so in the eighties when Cleveland opened Middlesbrough bus station and suddenly lots of coach connections were lost in Hartlepool. Cleveland County Council said it was an improvement as travellers from Hartlepool only had to travel through to Middlesbrough. Yeah, of course it is!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.