Another new development

Started by Sanddancer, October 23, 2017, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: pieface on October 24, 2017, 09: AM
Who would want to use a water 'ub' that is a health and safety risk. The marina water is covered in a lovely rainbow glow of dirty oil and rubbish whenever I have seen it but visions show a lovely welcoming water colour not the reality. Climbing walls are not an mega visitor vattraction seeing as other facilities exist in plentiful supply nearby. Perhaps a unique snow dome?? Oh dear missed that one too
Water and me go back a long way and marinas mean boats and boats mean oil. It's not unique, in fact any non tidal Marina will have the problem.
As for the 'Ub', heard it all before, ignore.
The unique snow dome isn't unique and would you invest in it and hope to make money in the Boro with it ? No chance.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Olivers Army on October 25, 2017, 10: AM
Isn't the problem here that people have lost faith? There was never any faith to begin with
It would be great if any of these constant flow of artist's impressions became a reality but we have seen so many that came to nothing that it's only natural for people to be sceptical. Sceptical doesn't do it justice
Perhaps a better approach would be for the council to wait until the money and developers were in place and recognise the difference between aspirations and plans.To be fair, they're great on aspirations and 'plans', their flamboyance in throwing grand visions about in gay abandon is without equal. However when it comes to the nitty gritty of actually getting it off the drawing board and building it they switch to another whim of fantasy daydreaming and move onto the next shiney object that catches their attention. In the end they produce nothing.
They hold visions up to the electorate, but it's all a mirage, a shimmering shape of the future, but like every mirage it's a cruel tease that draws you in and disappoints.
Time is running out, more and more people are tiring of this municipal posturing.

kevplumb

come on people
we are talking about a council with the business acumen of a bread bin
jeez belcher openly admitted at one finance meeting that their track record with cafes was dismal
and you honestly expect this bunch to bring a multi million pound development in on time and/or budget
methinks not
not
not
sorry about the echo  ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: kevplumb on October 23, 2017, 10: AM
don't forget the jobs fred !

minimum wage part time zero hours  :o

makes me wonder why they ain't using a local architect as well
unless the local lads have got wise and backheeled it
or they have an aversion to brown envolopes  :D

You forgot to mention the 'voluntary workers' that seem to be the norm for anything that has outside funding through these schemes !
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: WhatTheHeck on October 27, 2017, 12: AM

You forgot to mention the 'voluntary workers' that seem to be the norm for anything that has outside funding through these schemes !
I'm amazed that any one would volunteer for these people. I can only assume they're party minions eager to please their 'masters' whims and get a pat on the head for their efforts. It's remarkably like a religious cult in many respects.