Another new development

Started by Sanddancer, October 23, 2017, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

It looks to me like we're in the middle of a cycle of new press releases heralding how great everything is. Or at least how great things are apparently going to be. Obviously perfectly time to coincide with another by-election. I think it was Jim Morrison from The Doors who said "Whoever controls the media controls the mind'.

It didn't quite work out that way in Seaton though.

kevplumb

Quote from: DRiddleIt didn't quite work out that way in Seaton though.

now now  stop gloating  ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

The current delusion 'Vision' has undergone a few changes over the years.
Note how the  oldest has the Red Arrows doing a remarkable impression of the  NIRAMAX Logo.

mk1

Let us not forget the Victoria Harbour delusion 'Vision'

That was the one that had a bridge to the Headland

mk1

The original delusion 'Vision' promised Penthouse flats but ended up as a tin shed.

Even then they make silly predictions as to its future:

By December we'll have Jackson's Landing, a mall of between 25 and 30 big name designer shops - Armani, Versace, the lot, and eight class restaurants. They'll come from miles away to shop here.'

Same people now making the same promises they made umpteen times before and hope no one mentions all the previous failures.

mk1

Tricomlee Wharf was another delusion 'Vision' 

mk1

This is another delusion 'Vision' dated 2004 . Cropped and arranged to be viewed on the site. Note the absurd belief they could open up a spur/rail link ( number eight bloody smileys) into the Headland. Must have been a by-election in Headland at the time!

stokoe

http://www.visitnorthtyneside.com/the-coast/whitley-bay-regeneration

I'm up there most weekends and the work on regeneration is fantastic,somthing the ars*h**es here could learn from.

https://youtu.be/-zuw0ZEonsQ

Johnny Bongo

Those who actually dream up these 'visions' should be made to undertake some form of psychoanalysis...they are obviously delusional in the extreme!  Also, do HBC have a Drugs and Alcohol policy, whereby employees are randomly tested to see if they are under the influence?  Gord only knows they must be!  One point that I picked up on is that the plan for a 'water hub' will no doubt p!&& off Hartlepool Yacht club, who undertake training for young and old alike.  There again, HYC probably know that HBC's 'visions' are just that! 

Lord Elpus

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on October 23, 2017, 06: PM

Those who actually dream up these 'visions' should be made to undertake some form of psychoanalysis...they are obviously delusional in the extreme!  Also, do HBC have a Drugs and Alcohol policy, whereby employees are randomly tested to see if they are under the influence?  Gord only knows they must be!  One point that I picked up on is that the plan for a 'water hub' will no doubt p!&& off Hartlepool Yacht club, who undertake training for young and old alike.  There again, HYC probably know that HBC's 'visions' are just that!

On a very serious note it would be in the public interest if all Councillors were made to take random drugs tests

kevplumb

Quote from: Lord Elpus on October 23, 2017, 08: PM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on October 23, 2017, 06: PM

On a very serious note it would be in the public interest if all Councillors were made to take random drugs tests
totally agree it's getting to be the norm in industry
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

pieface

Who would want to use a water 'ub' that is a health and safety risk. The marina water is covered in a lovely rainbow glow of dirty oil and rubbish whenever I have seen it but visions show a lovely welcoming water colour not the reality. Climbing walls are not an mega visitor vattraction seeing as other facilities exist in plentiful supply nearby. Perhaps a unique snow dome?? Oh dear missed that one too

Olivers Army

Isn't the problem here that people have lost faith? It would be great if any of these constant flow of artist's impressions became a reality but we have seen so many that came to nothing that it's only natural for people to be sceptical. Perhaps a better approach would be for the council to wait until the money and developers were in place and recognise the difference between aspirations and plans.

stokoe

Quote from: stokoe on October 23, 2017, 04: PM
http://www.visitnorthtyneside.com/the-coast/whitley-bay-regeneration

I'm up there most weekends and the work on regeneration is fantastic,somthing the ars*h**es here could learn from.

https://youtu.be/-zuw0ZEonsQ
[/quote.

Thanks admin worth looking at video to see regeneration in progress.