Another new development

Started by Sanddancer, October 23, 2017, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanddancer

I look forward to seeing the new watersports 'ub.

mk1

Quote from: Sanddancer on October 23, 2017, 07: AM
I look forward to seeing the new watersports 'ub.

Where do I matriculate for the micturate  lessons?
I think they are taking the lant.

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: kevplumb on October 23, 2017, 08: AM
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/ambitious-hartlepool-waterfront-plans-would-create-hundreds-of-jobs-1-8815641

tourism is worth £142,000000 a year  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

More like artist's impressions cost £142,000,000 a year,
and that is just the hallucinagenics part of the bill.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

It was on the BBC north east news this morning, like Church was last week, so it sounds like they're shouting it from the rooftops.
The report also stated they'd received £3/4 million to pay for the planning from Tees Valley so does this mean that if the planning hasn't even started it's just a another 'vision'?
Promises, promises.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

A series of Press Releases issued during the Seaton and Victoria By-elections specifically prohibited under purdah guidelines. There's nothing here that couldn't have been delayed until after the by-elections.

As we saw from the Seaton by-election, both Labour and the council's PR and Neighbourhood Services Departments have no respect for the rules and guidelines which surround elections; another characteristic of a totally dysfunctional council long passed the time that it should be investigated by the Communities and Local Government Ministry.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Recycled Olympic Porta Cabins will be used.....Multi Million pound development....... same ol same ol b****x we have been getting for years...........it's getting boring now

kevplumb

don't forget the jobs fred !

minimum wage part time zero hours  :o

makes me wonder why they ain't using a local architect as well
unless the local lads have got wise and backheeled it
or they have an aversion to brown envolopes  :D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

testing times

so the thousands spent on the original artist's impressions have been dumped in favour of another load of artists impressions also costing thousands.

And where DO they get that £145m on tourism from? I bet it includes every contractor staying in a hotel or B&B and every pint, fish&chips, takeaway or Greggs Pastie bought in the town.

kevplumb

Quote from: testing times on October 23, 2017, 10: AM
so the thousands spent on the original artist's impressions have been dumped in favour of another load of artists impressions also costing thousands.

And where DO they get that £145m on tourism from? I bet it includes every contractor staying in a hotel or B&B and every pint, fish&chips, takeaway or Greggs Pastie bought in the town.

Apparently venice had a record year for tourism  they made   £20 m

puts it in perspective  :o

jeffh

Quote from: kevplumb on October 23, 2017, 10: AM
Quote from: testing times on October 23, 2017, 10: AM

Apparently venice had a record year for tourism  they made   £20 m

puts it in perspective  :o

I seem to remember when our Culture Secretary was asked about this £145m earlier this year he filibustered until the then Mayor called time and got him off the hook

mk1

A 'tourist' includes anyone who travels into Hartlepool for any reason. Even residents who cross from one part of the town to another can be counted.  Everyone who shops at ASDA is a 'Mariana tourist'.  Anytime they mention 'a significant increase in visitor spend across the Tees Valley' then you know the net has been cast far and wide in order to hide the real number of real tourists who visit Hartlepool.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

At the Seaton parking charge consultation Mad Dog was asked how they came up with visitor numbers.

Her answer was that they have a special computer program that works it out.

(No measurement is carried out)
I don't believe it.

fred c

I still have the Tall Ships details.......... Apparently......... 10,000.......... yep......... 10,000 people visited the event, On Bicycles....... ::) ::) ::)

mk1

During the Tall Ships debacle it was revealed that nearly every resident of Hartlepool and the surrounding area was assumed to have visited the event every day and was counted as a separate 'tourist' on all 3 days. That gave a base of some 300,000+ visitors which even if no real tourists  came would be the lowest possible  visitor count. Every 'Tourist' was assumed to have spent c £140 for each visit.
I have a news video saved somewhere of The Mayor telling the interviewer of the total  of expected visitors and that  forecast ended up as the official visitor total-they already had the numbers  worked out before they held the event!