Unintended Consequences

Started by steveL, September 20, 2017, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Calamity Chris' cack-handed £1.5m scrapping of the local plan and the subsequent free-for-all in housing development has prompted an unintended consequence in that it has attracted the attention of the Boundary Commission.

Just 5 years after the ward boundaries were re-drawn, the Commission now thinks that the scale of housing development means that it needs to repeat the exercise.

According to a Kremlin source, we should expect new ward boundaries by 2020, or possibly as early as 2019, with all-out elections to follow when all 33 councillors will be up for re-election.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

The klaxons will be sounding in the Kremlin.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

We also need police stationed at the nursing homes to make sure the voting is impartial and fair.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Legally, who is allowed to collect postal votes from such locations. I'd imagine it was restricted.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: Riddler5 on September 20, 2017, 01: PM
Legally, who is allowed to collect postal votes from such locations. I'd imagine it was restricted.

Wouldn't they just be posted by a 'helpful' individual ?
Hence the questionability of them.
I don't believe it.

Disgruntled voter

We need to give Chris more support. ...thanks to him the number 1 spot is within reach........England's highest council tax ! Show them posh people down sarf how to splash the cash recklessly

seaton

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on September 20, 2017, 01: PM
Quote from: Riddler5 on September 20, 2017, 01: PM

Wouldn't they just be posted by a 'helpful' individual ?
Hence the questionability of them.

They probably who ever is collecting will tell the people they will drop them of to save money.
Of course whilst the persons are putting their cross in the box they will be thinking what good people they are saving the Council money by hand carrying them, of course that said person is probably the Labour Candidate for that Ward.

mk1

Quote from: seaton on September 22, 2017, 09: AM

probably who ever is collecting................ said person is probably the Labour Candidate for that Ward.

Even better when a Labour Councillor is working is said establishment.