When the moon hits the sky like a big pizza pie ...

Started by Stig of the Seaton Dump, August 04, 2017, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

It appears the HBC crack down on new take always against the town's ill health and obesity problems doesn't apply to the conservation area opposite Seaton Green.

I don't wish those running the venture any trouble but amazed at the hypocrisy when HBC went to great lengths to object against another take away down Church Street.

ar** and elbow comes to mind.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Would that be the black tent and matching van I passed at tea time?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

I thought it was some poncey sales promotion. Don't you need a permit to operate from there?

fred c

I'm not sure what to think about this venture, on the one hand it is an added 'attraction' to Seaton, but on the other hand it's a slap in the face to existing businesses that have to pay rates, for instance I can't see Matteo's being happy about a pizza place opening over the road. ( unless they are the operators )

What are the criteria set out by HBC for opening what is a transient business, are they obliged to pay rates, do they charge a rent for the space occupied ?.......looking on the bright side, all they need to do is scatter half a dozen tables and chairs with parasols around and.......we have  'Mobile Cafe Culture'

Inspector Knacker