The Greasy Spoon

Started by steveL, May 10, 2017, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Click to Enlarge - If you dare  :o

Notice the Chicken and Leak Pie . . . perhaps it should read Leaky Chicken Pie  :o

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

admin

Can I just say that as a qualified Food Hygiene Auditor, the 'perfect' rating given to this Cafe means one of two things:

• The whole thing has been rubber stamped through without a proper inspection taking place
  • The inspection process itself is suspect and someone isn't doing their job properly. In which case, you should take any of these certificates, wherever you see them, with a large pinch of salt
If carried out properly, even the very best of places would never achieve a perfect 'zero' score (which suggests that there is absolutely no scope for improvement) and as we've seen from earlier pictures of the cups and glasses, this place would be nearer the bottom than the top.

Can't these two scumbags do anything without lying and cheating?

fred c

Date of Last Inspection 9th November 2016........Funny that..... i was told this morning by a lady in the Rifty......My Cafe only opened 6 weeks ago.

crisstw

Is it possible we can get the place inspected and then shut down, prosecuted for breaching trading standards legislation?

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Pub-Food/News/Pubs-warned-over-false-hygiene-ratings

edit: mycafe itself has never been inspected > http://ratings.food.gov.uk/authority-search/en-GB/%5E/ts25%204jy/Relevance/0/859/%5E/0/1/10

kevplumb

where's the money coming from to run this café ?????

not that any of us don't know

I do hope they submitted the accounts from the café in the crem and a sound business plan
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

fred c

We can only hope that all of the equipment from The Cafe In The Crem is accounted for, lets face it, it would have been top quality very expensive stuff and worth a right few bob of council tax payers cash  :D :D :D

akarjl

Is there anywhere online where such inspections are recorded and made available to the public? If there is and the inspection has not been recorded then it is obviously a load of bull***t.

Having worked on some of the worlds biggest cruise ships I have never heard of a Food Hygiene rating of 100% across the board. There is ALWAYS room for improvement and I can not see an inspector in his right mind dishing out 100% ratings, if the business had, for example an outbreak of e-coli shortly after the inspection ( Chicken and Leak Pie?), I would imagine the inspector would be sued back into the stone age?

mk1

Just make a complaint to the Council at  film the reaction of staff when you compalin. Photos of the filth would also help. Do as they do, swamp the system with complaints. They can not be ignored.

steveL

Quote from: akarjl on May 10, 2017, 06: PM
Is there anywhere online where such inspections are recorded and made available to the public? If there is and the inspection has not been recorded then it is obviously a load of bull***t.

Having worked on some of the worlds biggest cruise ships I have never heard of a Food Hygiene rating of 100% across the board. There is ALWAYS room for improvement and I can not see an inspector in his right mind dishing out 100% ratings, if the business had, for example an outbreak of e-coli shortly after the inspection ( Chicken and Leak Pie?), I would imagine the inspector would be sued back into the stone age?

https://www.foodhygieneratings.org.uk/rift-house-community-building-hartlepool
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

kevplumb

Q  Can I get more detailed information about a particular business's hygiene standards?

A    Yes. Since April 2016, a breakdown of the three elements (see "how a hygiene rating is worked out) making up the food hygiene rating for business in England and Northern Ireland is also published. This additional information has been available for businesses in Wales inspected since 28 November 2014 under the statutory scheme.
More detailed information will be included in the food safety officer's inspection report. If you want to see this you could make a 'Freedom of Information' request to the local authority that carried out the inspection.
You can find the local authority's contact details by searching this website for the business and then clicking on the name of the business
Alternatively, you can report a food problem to the local food safety team responsible for inspecting the business. The local authority will consider your request and will usually send you a copy of the report. In some cases, the local authority may decide that they cannot do so but will let you know this and explain why.
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Lucy Lass-Tick

Heavens - even the Jutland Road 'ub  got a few points knocked off their otherwise perfect score - the 'management' side incurred the mark down.  Funnily enough, that was updated on May 8th, too.  ::)

https://www.foodhygieneratings.org.uk/jutland-community-hub-hartlepool

fred c

http://ratings.food.gov.uk/authority-search/en-GB/%5E/ts25%204jy/Relevance/0/859/%5E/0/1/10

Copied from an above post....... I suggest as many people as possible email Ms Kett at HBC........... jane.kett@hartlepool.gov.uk

You could also email the CEO asking her if the council has any connection with My Cafe,  gill.alexander@hartlepool.gov.uk

It really is pisspotical that Cwissy and his clowncil vote to invest £16k in a community cafe at Summerhill, which is within 500 or 600 metres of The Rifty in Masefield Road, £16k of our council tax payers cash and they decide to enter into the cafe business...

If any Member of The Public wanted to start a business would HBC provide the premises, the kitchen equipment, gas, electric, water, etc etc etc....... ( maybe they are getting billed for it ??) it appears that calling any business councillors get involved in, a Community Business allows them a free run at it.

When will this council catch on, elected people getting involved in community/voluntary/businesses....has proven to be contentious to say the least.

lynda

Oh Dear, this all sounds very familiar. Meals on Wheels too. Bet theres a vacancy for staff come the 22nd of this month. If their only open for two and a half hours what happens to the food on the menu.

jawsbbc

LUCKY LASS TICK
RE JUTLAND ROAD DONT KNOW HOW IT WAS UPDATED THE 8TH   MAY THE FOOD SIDE OF JUTTY CLOSED DOWN WEEKS AGO COOK AND STAFF MADE REDUNDANT WONDER WHY,
THINK WE KNOW NOW AS THIS WAS  EXACTLY WHAT JUTLAND ROAD DID AND DELIVERED RUN BY MRS AND MR CRANNEY

Inspector Knacker

Wondering about this one. As a Community Centre the building would have a kitchen for events. However, when a business moves in and uses the facilities, would the requirement be different ? Not just the hygiene rating , but things like insurance etc?
Would the existing hygiene rating of the building suffice for a commercial business using the premises?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.