UKIP - The End of the Rainbow

Started by steveL, May 05, 2017, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on May 05, 2017, 03: PM
You obviously don't accept it. Are you a Nick Clegg tribute act?

In a Democracy no one has to 'accept' the opinion of the majority. Anyone can criticise, oppose and work to overturn anything they do not agree with. There is no law saying that opposition to the more 'popular' view is forbidden  and obstruction/ active opposition of a political policy you do not like is completely within the law.

I would say those who believe they have the right to stifle all opposition are the ones who  'don't accept it',
We are (not yet) Hungary.

Inspector Knacker

No one is stifling anything. What he chooses to believe in is his choice and I have no intention of applying the 'jackboot' to anyone.
However, it's a political message from a political party member, it's a contradiction. He obviously doesn't accept it but says he does. A conflict in my eyes.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

However, it's a political message from a political party member, it's a contradiction. He obviously doesn't accept it but says he does. A conflict in my eyes.

That is because he is not saying 'I accept the view and will never speak out against it or oppose it' but 'I accept there was a vote and my side lost. But  I will do everything legal to overturn and reverse that point of view'.
The common error is for those who won to believe that no opposition or obstruction of any kind is allowed and the decision is final and can never be overturned.
It is lost on the bong-eyed that if such a prohibition was universal then their 40 years of whining would not have been allowed.

steveL

I seem to remember Mr Wilberforce was in a minority for a very, very long time.....er not that I was there like. :o
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on May 05, 2017, 03: PM

That is because he is not saying 'I accept the view and will never speak out against it or oppose it' but 'I accept there was a vote and my side lost. But  I will do everything legal to overturn and reverse that point of view'.
The common error is for those who won to believe that no opposition or obstruction of any kind is allowed and the decision is final and can never be overturned.
It is lost on the bong-eyed that if such a prohibition was universal then their 40 years of whining would not have been allowed.
You've read an awful lot into a light hearted comment, sorry to disappoint you.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl

mk1

Quote from: steveL on May 05, 2017, 03: PM
I seem to remember Mr Wilberforce was in a minority for a very, very long time...

Wilberforce eh? Another bleeding-heart liberal commie sympathiser who cared more about the welfare of  immigrants

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ben-carson-donald-trump-housing-urban-development-secretary-compares-slaves-immigrants-a7615211.html

than his own race. I hear he even sent money abroad as 'foreign aid'. Can you believe that? Hundreds of patriotic slave owners were facing ruin and that pathetic excuse of a white man preferred to give his money to freed slaves  rather than his own people. Race traitor,

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on May 05, 2017, 03: PM
Medication issues?

Pehaps if UKIP had gone to Switzerland then their final few months would not have been so prolonged and  painful

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dignitas_(Swiss_non-profit_organisation)

craig finton

Hard to fully take in the sheer scale of the UKIP collapse. They contested 146 council seats yesterday and lost the lot - every single one.

The consolation prize was to win 1 new seat in Burnley.

Hartlepudlion

Mk1 "I would say those who believe they have the right to stifle all opposition .......
We are (not yet) Hungary."

But This applies in Hartlepool under the present local Labour leadership(sic) and party and yet I don't see you taking the the same line here.

A bit hypocritical don't you think?

mk1

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on May 06, 2017, 05: PM

But This applies in Hartlepool under the present local Labour leadership(sic) and party and yet I don't see you taking the the same line here.

All that proves is your not very good at research.