Urgent Care Changes Announced

Started by Truthache, December 01, 2016, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truthache

After the recent tendering process the following has been announced with effect from April 2017.
http://www.nth.nhs.uk/news/changes-nhs-urgent-care-services-announced/

Inspector Knacker

What's happening in the head to head between North Tees and Darlington memorial hospital in the A&E stakes, anyone know anything?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

Will they be changing the name from one life to cash cow ?

From recent experience where they didn't have an appropriate wound dressing, I wouldn't be surprised if they sent a patient to James Cook because they needed something technical like a pen to fill in a form.

Truthache

Too early for the decision between Darlington and North Tees with the STP plans scheduled for transition by 2020.  Plus there is likely to be growing public unrest when more people become aware of the proposed changes across the 44 "footprints".  At the moment it is a theoretical plan and putting all the various integrated elements in place won't be easy.  Clinical professions believe the change is essential but the transition will not be easily accepted by the public, in my opinion.  Here is what the NHS executives think:
http://www.nationalhealthexecutive.com/News/stps-will-meet-opposition-due-to-lack-of-council-involvement

Inspector Knacker

I never could work out why after the closure of A&E, the so multi named alternative was moved to the One Life location.
There was already an available established place that could have been adapted to a new role or was it a case of illustrating to the public that A&E was gone and some unconvincing symbolic gesture to confirm it was never coming back ?
Was the move to the One Life even necessary?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Truthache

I don't know the answer about the decision to build One Life.  I assume the plan for a new hospital would have seen HGH demolished.  I am happier knowing that HGH will continue and have more services provided on that site. 

Under STP it may see One Life developed to provide community health needs but only time will tell.  The current STP includes HGH as a local hospital so it isn't being demolished or sold.  The CCG will decide presumably after some public consultation.