Urgent care Services

Started by steveL, July 01, 2015, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

This one is worth watching. I don't know how everyone else reads this but, to me, this comes across that it's not the case that the present services are unfit-for-purpose but that it's all our fault for being too thick to understand how it all works.

See what you think:

HBC Press Release

Published Tuesday 30th June 15

HARTLEPOOL'S Health and Wellbeing Board has received an update about the provision of urgent care services in the town.

It comes as NHS Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) - which is led by doctors, nurses and other health professionals - looks to improve understanding about access to care out of hours, or in an emergency.

The CCG looks at which health services are needed in local communities and develops and commissions services to meet the needs of local people.

NHS Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees CCG has carried out a number of engagement events across Hartlepool, including street interviews in the town centre, where they say there was a clear message from the public that the current model for community based urgent care services is not easily navigated and that there is a lack of understanding.

Urgent care health services in Hartlepool are currently supported by a range of providers, from different locations and with separate contracts including; primary care, GP out of hours, healthy living pharmacies, Minor Injuries Unit, 111 telephone advice and Walk in Centres.

In a recent report to Hartlepool Borough Council's Health and Wellbeing Board the CCG said: "It was clear from the engagement analysis and listening to concerns of the public, partners and our GP members that we need to ensure that future services must be easily understood, are accessible and are easily navigated."

Councillor Christopher Akers-Belcher, Chair of the Hartlepool Health and Wellbeing Board, said: "I am pleased the CCG is committed to engaging with residents to inform service redesign and development and that they have undertaken a number of engagement events across the town.

"They have told us that they are now in a position to develop a better model for community based urgent care services to make it easier for local people to get the right treatment, at the right location and at the right time."

The outputs from the market engagement and public engagement exercises are now being reviewed and intelligence gathered from these events will be used to develop the service specification with patient involvement.

It is envisaged that the tender for the integrated urgent care service will be published in mid-July. Evaluation will be undertaken during August and September and a contract subsequently awarded to ensure service commencement for April 2016.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

That is a lot of 'engagement'! Is it the new buzzword to replace the  well worn(out) 'offer'?
CAB has a history of  extended periods on the sick. He must hold some sort of  record for  days off in the last 5 years. He at least has the experience to sit on this  panel.

Inspector Knacker

So nothings going to change then. We'll have a bit of the old consultation and be bombarded with instructions on how to access services. Trouble is, it's the system they created, so whose fault is that then, it's the world they created.
I have no faith whatsoever in these exercises, as for the ramblings of politicians, well, they tend to chunter.
So I expect it to be carry on as normal, they make things less accessible, call it an improvement then tell us it's basically our fault. Lovely.
Mr Wrights been quiet on the subject recently.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.