Up Yours, HVDA

Started by steveL, June 29, 2015, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

A bit slow off the mark but I assume The Snail was waiting for a statement from HVDA. They did however  provide a quote from Marjorie James as to why all £196,000 was given to Neighbourhood Services without mentioning that Marj is actually Chair of the Neighbourhood Services Committee.

This is pure spite on the part of Marjorie James who tells us that HVDA could sustain itself until funding from the lottery fund comes through next year. That's a * of an assumption but even if it were true, isn't that even more reason to provide temporary bridging funding to HVDA. Marj thinks that she has discovered that HVDA is sitting on a bucket of spare cash after looking at an old set of accounts - the kind of mistake that could only be made by someone who has already made a right mess of her own party's accounts.

We all need to keep a very close eye on that £196,000. It looks like it's heading en bloc to Marj's own Owton Manor in a van being driven by Kevin Cranney.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/crime/hartlepool-chief-slams-snub-to-town-s-volunteers-after-funding-pulled-on-centre-1-7342859
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

seaton

I sent an email to The Mail last week askin why it didn't feature this sorry, no reply ?
It would appear that all the comments have been removed,
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/crime/hartlepool-chief-slams-snub-to-town-s-volunteers-after-funding-pulled-on-centre-1-7342859

marky

It does seem weird that there are no comments on this story on the snail website. Too 'off message' maybe.

fred c

I noticed the comments had been removed, i wonder why maybe pressure from The Mob....... Local democracy & freedom of the press is sadly lacking Hartlepool.

I rang the mail at 2pm...... I got an answer machine message saying "you can't  leave a message call back later.

It really is an apology for a local newspaper & in truth has been for some time.

DRiddle

There were loads of comments but they've all been removed.

Most of them were slamming the council and speculating about where the money might end up. 

angela

This is an absolute travesty. I know several organisations which were hopeful that some sort of financial support would be forthcoming after the Mail told us that it was a possibility a few weeks ago. Then they only had £96,000 but HVDA was only asking for a third of that. In the end, there was £196,000 and still the council refused to give HVDA any support. In my opinion, Marjorie James is nothing but a wicked and vindictive women and not fit to be a councillor.

mk1

By chance I happened to be seated behind Marj & partner on the train to Newcastle on Saturday. Throughout the journey she did nothing else but groom her nails. Picking, polishing, nibbling and holding them up so she could get a good look at them.  It helped distract from the bald patch on the back of her head!

angela

I didn't realise that the comments on the mail website had been deleted I thought that there just wasn't any. Needless to say, I have just bought my last copy of the Hartlepool mail.

seaton

I emailed them asking why the comments had been deleted, unsurprisingly still waiting for a reply !

fred c

I have rang them 4 times since 2pm.... same message....... I wonder how you would contact them if a "major story" broke.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: fred c on July 06, 2015, 04: PM
I have rang them 4 times since 2pm.... same message....... I wonder how you would contact them if a "major story" broke.

Carrier pigeon?

not4me

Yesterday, the Mail thought this story was worthy enough to be given its Front Page. Strange then how it has deleted the comments the story prompted. Looks like a phone call from the Civic is all it takes to control the papers content - probably from Stalinist Cllr James who thinks control of the press should be the natural order of things.

fred c

The comments are back.......

Just for information....

Mail Phone Numbers

Hartlepool office
01429 865475

News Room

Mark Thompson
0191 5017470

Ross Robertson
0191 5017189

steveL

Quote from: fred c on July 07, 2015, 10: AM
The comments are back.......

Just for information....

Mail Phone Numbers

Hartlepool office 01429 865475

News Room

Mark Thompson 0191 5017470

Ross Robertson 0191 5017189

I understand that CVs are readily available.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

HVDA

We are not sure why the Hartlepool Mail delayed publishing this story but it was not waiting for HVDA's comments as they were given to the reporter on 30th June, the day after the Finance & Policy Committee meeting; perhaps they were waiting for a statement from the Council Chief Executive Gill Alexander.