Up Yours, HVDA

Started by steveL, June 29, 2015, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Foggy

The look on their faces when Pam Hargreaves suggested giving any of this money to HVDA in the meeting a few months ago said it all. They clearly had their own plans.

Do we know what these pet projects are? Just curious.

mk1

Quote from: Foggy on June 29, 2015, 09: PM

Do we know what these pet projects are? Just curious.

Stopping the local dogs chasing after alpha bi*tch  Mad-Dog is one.

steveL

Cranney wants to re-open one of his past failed projects up Owton Manor - an OFCA thing which he has no connection to, of course, he just makes all the decisions. Marj wants more Enforcement Officers allegedly after she stood in some dog poo when canvassing up there. At a guess, I'd say the plan was to base the new Enforcement Officers in the Catcote Road Unit that Cranney wants to re-open - that allows him to claim part of the money to re-open it.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

Excellent article which reminded me very much of someone else who much preferred spending money over paying off existing debts. They don't change, do they?
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

craig finton

You would have thought that supporting the voluntary sector, especially at a time of severe cuts when the council can't afford to provide many services itself, would be at the heart of any truly Labour council.

fred c

Quote from: craig finton on June 30, 2015, 08: AM
You would have thought that supporting the voluntary sector, especially at a time of severe cuts when the council can't afford to provide many services itself, would be at the heart of any truly Labour council.

Your right Craig............ If it was a Labour Council, the top & bottom of it is, this lot are no more labour than Blair, the common denominator is their self serving, what can i get out of this little scam attitude.

Half of them have`nt had a job in years, they are no better than benefits scroungers, several of the others have had jobs in the public sector & have milked their positions for all they can get out of it, the rest of them are deadwood who spend the time in council meetings waiting for Calamity to tell them to put the arms up to vote yes.

The decision to have more dog s**t wardens instead of a stronger "Legitimate Voluntary Sector" says it all.

Land Phil

For some the smell of s**t won't wash off.

I hope Karma or some other form of justice finds them soon. Should be easy to find with the smell.

testing times

Am I right in saying that this is not final and will have to go before the full council before it is? Surely it can't be allowed to stand.

getagrip

Maybe, as a strategic move, HVDA should find a LBGT leader?

Foggy

Quote from: testing times on June 30, 2015, 10: AM
Am I right in saying that this is not final and will have to go before the full council before it is? Surely it can't be allowed to stand.
We all know what will happen if it goes before full council.  Its impossible to fight the numbers.

It must be so frustrating for people like Brash, Thompson and Riddle who are trying to steer the council to make decisions based on what is best for the town when that lot on the other side are all about self-interest.

I think we all know what the consequences will be but I wonder if one of the Labour sheep will ever do the decent thing and make a stand against Calamity.  Some of them keep making the right noises, i.e. Jim Ainslie and Mary Fleet, but I've yet to see any evidence that they actually act in the interests of the people they represent.

I guess that's the problem... they or someone else convinces them they acting in people's best interests and they lose all sense of what the 'best interests' actually is.

HVDA

We are currently formulating a response to the decision of Council and we will post this shortly.

marky

Quote from: HVDA on June 30, 2015, 02: PM
We are currently formulating a response to the decision of Council and we will post this shortly.

Just as well you're doing it and not me. I think my response would be very brief and not particularly helpful.

HVDA

Hartlepool Borough Council's Finance & Policy Committee's decision not to support the work of HVDA's Volunteer Centre and the Credit Union

As reported on the Hartlepool Post's website, the Council's Finance & Policy Committee decided not to provide financial support for HVDA's work with volunteers.  The reason given by the ruling Labour Group not to fund HVDA previously was the cuts being imposed on the Council by Central Government; but as a result of a positive outturn (surplus) at the end of the last financial year, the Council had £196,000 for distribution. The report to Councillors made it possible for the Council to support HVDA, the Credit Union and additional enforcement officer time. Councillor Marjorie James and Councillor Kevin Cranney spoke against the proposal to support HVDA with Councillor Paul Thompson and Councillor David Riddle speaking in support of it.  When it came to the vote, Labour Members voted against HVDA and the Credit Union receiving any funding whilst opposition Councillors voted in favour.

Given that funding was available, then it can only be interpreted that Members of the Labour Group on the Committee clearly do not support the work of HVDA and the Credit Union.  In doing so they have made it clear that they do not support the work of volunteers in the town.  If HVDA had secured the funding it would have enabled at least 300 additional people to volunteer in Hartlepool. The work of volunteers benefits the local community and, in many cases, the volunteers themselves as a pathway to employment, training and education.

craig finton

An absolute disgrace. This should have been on the front page of the Mail days ago.