Seneca Revealed As Company Behind Giant Turbines Plan

Started by marky, September 10, 2014, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

Ah so now we know. Always half the real story from the Snail.

Land Phil

If I am right, they are going to be twice the size of the ones off our coast.

How can something that big not create noise, electrical interference as well as being a massive distraction to residents in the shadow of them ?

fred c

Quote from: Land Phil on September 10, 2014, 05: PM
If I am right, they are going to be twice the size of the ones off our coast.

How can something that big not create noise, electrical interference as well as being a massive distraction to residents in the shadow of them ?

They will be a blight on the whole town......... a bit like the "Massive Stinking Dumps" we have at either of Seaton.......... will the planning committee take that example into account........ No Chance, with no town plan ("Thanks to "The Deary Me Leader" ) it will get the go ahead.

for fawkes sake

Well there's a surprise. Seneca, Niramax, Euro Property Management, Musgrave. Spot the common denominator and then ask yourself if he has already started preparing his speech.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

stublackett

Noticed that this was mentioned on the local news too. The consultation period has gone, Its a shame it didnt get the publicity during consultation.

As someone who lives in Seaton and would be in the noise buffer zone, I hope they reject the plans. Or failing that at least make them smaller. Can't believe they could be building more Turbines so close to a large windfarm out at

Lucy Lass-Tick

From the following piece on the BBC web site, there is also the following issue to consider :-

'The Ramblers Association and Network Rail pointed out their current proposed site left them within "topple distance" of the nearby railway line and buildings.'

Land Phil

Not just any railway line, the one used to ship radioactive waste ...does that make being within toppling distance appealing to terrorists or activists ?

not4me

Nope, I'm not buying this one at all.

According to this Gazette story, this application has received over 200 letters of support and only 25 against. I can't imagine why anyone would go to the bother of writing in support of this never mind 200 - that's assuming that they are all genuine and not connected to Seneca in some way. There's a rabbit off here and a second look at where these letters have come from is needed.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/hartlepool-could-house-uks-biggest-7776306

mk1

It has 2 attractions. 'business rates' and 'tourist attraction' Just tack 'Vision' on the ar*se end and you will have full Council backing!

Land Phil

I have put a complaint in, don't expect it to be taken notice of but at least I will be notified of when I am being ignored.

stublackett

Quote from: not4me on September 16, 2014, 10: AM
Nope, I'm not buying this one at all.

According to this Gazette story, this application has received over 200 letters of support and only 25 against. I can't imagine why anyone would go to the bother of writing in support of this never mind 200 - that's assuming that they are all genuine and not connected to Seneca in some way. There's a rabbit off here and a second look at where these letters have come from is needed.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/hartlepool-could-house-uks-biggest-7776306

Totally agree, When I submitted my rejection I had noticed companies from as far away as Huddersfield and others in Middlesbrough were submitting support. Which like you say has to be someone holding someones hand.

Land Phil

I guess you can pick any random name out of the phone book and stick in a support e-mail.

Is the process policed ?

stublackett

Does anyone know the outcome of yesterdays meeting regarding these?

Lord Elpus

There was a 'c**k up' re dates so they have called an extra meeting next Wednesday.