The Games People Play

Started by for fawkes sake, July 29, 2014, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

for fawkes sake

"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

mk1

It was always on the cards. There was no way the SCABs would allow the others  to run off will all the money.
Christopher need lots of cash, plastic surgery 'aint cheap.....................

Jeff

Same Old, Same Old, Just like Cranney's businesses with MRA initials.

It Stinks worse than a landfill site, the whole lot need locking up.

Good old Hartlepool Labour Party........ thieves, crooks and scheisters
I  may know buggerall but at least I know it

PostItNote

Maybe the people of Hartlepool should start highlighting that it is a conflict of interest and not a register of interest that needs to be defined and disciplined.

Surely Peter Devlin will do something about this now, though I suppose it will have to go in Private Eye first like MRA, but isn't CAB and SAB involved in that too?

one direction

As the great dictator has pointed out on several threads you cant expect high calibre people to give their time as councillors without some form of significant financial reward. So why shouldn't councillors set up these companies and get paid for the work they do?  Surely as dedicated publuc servants they are only reaping the rewards they are entitled too? More money and power to them I say, after all, if the people  of Hartlepool were in any way dissatisfied by the way these people operate then they would vote them out of office wouldn't they! 

mk1

Quote from: one direction on July 29, 2014, 10: PM
As the great dictator has pointed out on several threads you cant expect high calibre people to give their time as councillors without some form of significant financial reward. So why shouldn't councillors set up these companies and get paid for the work they do?  Surely as dedicated publuc servants they are only reaping the rewards they are entitled too? More money and power to them I say, after all, if the people  of Hartlepool were in any way dissatisfied by the way these people operate then they would vote them out of office wouldn't they!

This is a classic flame bait  with the intention of provoking an argument.
Please ignore and remain on  topic, Councillors  filling their boots.

The Great Dictator

Just for clarification, i totally disagree with any Councillor tendering for council work but

i don't object to paying Councillors who earn it a little bit more in allowances or expenses.

PostItNote

I think that is the clarity that is needed.

Thank you Great Dictator.

marky

Cracking story, the kind that this site does best and another story that we won't see in the Mail. As I see it, it looks like both CAB and Thomas are set to be out of work next April and this is CAB's plan to use his influence to manipulate the system in order to preserve his salary. I'd say he's been well and truly rumbled.  ;D 

fred c

No councilor should receive "Any Monies Whatsoever" from "Any Organisation" that receives "Any Funding" from council tax payer funding companies....plain & simple,

We have seen it with The Phoenix Centre, Manor Residents Asc & Who Cares N/E.

We have a situation where a sitting councilor who was banned from being a director by a Judge has been involved with a number of council funded companies, we also have a councilor who was a trustee of a company that didn`t bother to pay its employees National Insurance or the NMW.

Even members of "The Mob" must be suspicious of this latest enterprise ?

DRiddle

Just a reminder to everyone that the next full council meeting is at 7pm on Thursday August 7th.

The Mail described the last meeting as "tense"... Lord knows what the next ones going to be like.

Pity it can't be video taped....  ::)

Hartlepudlion

Why can't it be videoed or recorded? As I understand it anyone can make a recording as demonstrated by Cllr Paul Thompson.

Perhaps you can clarify the Council's position? As I see it the Council cannot ban anybody recording or videoing the Council's meetings?

It would be better if the Council accepted this and made a video of ALL Council meetings so that the residents can become involved. The majority of working people cannot make Council meetings as nearly all occur during the working day.

testing times

It may be just coincidence but I notice that clicking on the Register of Interests of Councillors on the council website currently results in a '"sorry this download is not available" message. I'm sure it's just a technical glitch  ;)

mk1

The reason why they called the latest 'Long Firm'  OFCA (Oportunities From Community Action) can have nothing to do with the current OFCA (Owton Fens Community Association)

http://www.freewebs.com/519172/thehistoryofofca.htm

Only a cynic would suggest the confusion is a deliberate ploy to enable  monies to be shuffled back and forth and  possibly hide the final destination of such funds  when the inevitable bankruptcy hearing is held.

steveL

I gather there is so much steam being generated about this that there's a good chance someone has lost some serious weight. A win-win if ever there was one.  ;)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.