Hartlepool First War Chest

Started by The Shadow, May 12, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

Whatever Lilley does with his allowance I'm sure it won't compare with the £3,500 the A-Bs got for cutting Mandelson's grass.

mk1

Quote from: testing times on May 13, 2012, 01: PM
Whatever Lilley does with his allowance I'm sure it won't compare with the £3,500 the A-Bs got for cutting Mandelson's grass.

I believe it was for claiming they 'cut the grass'.
The incoming tenant said  he believed none of the  work had been completed prior to his  purchase.
We could always ask them but I believe we would get the same reaction as the Sunday Mail reporter recieved-a curt 'who told you about it'  swiftly followed  by a slammed front door!

Straight Talking

Quote from: testing times on May 13, 2012, 01: PM

I do wish that people would stop just making things up.

The Akers-Belchers didn't even exist as a couple when Peter Mandelson was the MP.
My recollections are that Stephen (aged about 18 years) used to do a couple of hours a week between April and October, keeping the garden tidy.
So probably got paid about £10 a week during the summer. So to earn £3,500 would take him about 13 years.

The Great Dictator

Stephen tidying Mandys garden............ooeeerrr missus  ;D ;D ;D

mk1

Quote from: Straight Talking on May 13, 2012, 07: PM

I do wish that people would stop just making things up.

As if you did not know what was being talked about.
The SCABs are bung collectors. Mandy arranged a parting gift for them. He put in a claim for work to be carried out on his house and the SCABs (said) they carried it out.
The incoming tenant when asked about this 'work' said  it looked to him as if none of it had been carried out.

notinshadow

Did he ride a motorbike then?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: testicles on May 13, 2012, 08: PM
Stephen tidying Mandys garden............ooeeerrr missus  ;D ;D ;D
Could have been trimming his bush.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Interesting ....Mandy pays for fantasy gardening ands up with the freedom of the town.
I don't believe it.