Transport infrastructure.

Started by Inspector Knacker, January 19, 2020, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on February 02, 2020, 06: AM

Cue "ah yes but what about the disabled pensioners with rail cards who want to go to the Metro/Boro/York and wander round aimlessly? - They need a bridge!"

I think you will find it is a legal requirement.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 02, 2020, 09: AM
You never complained this much about politicians claiming the credit even when the Bash Street Kids were in charge and their chubby faces were in the paper on a daily basis.

Laughably incorrect. A simple forum search will show that you are  lying.

mk1

To put it in context, The Grand Central Plan was a a wish list on their part. I don't disagree with it, but they weren't paying for it.

It was their plan in 20i4 and they were proposing to pay for it.

Grand Central also advised that it planned to invest a further £2.6m in infrastructure
improvements at Hartlepool station by bringing back into use the disused platform. It said
this would deliver benefits to Grand Central's passengers as well as helping to relieve
capacity constraints on the route as a whole. Should it not prove possible to produce a
viable scheme to bring the platform back into use, Grand Central said it would invest a
similar amount to improve retail or passenger facilities and car parking at Hartlepool and/or
other stations served by Grand Central.

https://orr.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/14586/s17-gc-dec-let.pdf
As not many here seem to use the trains I can confirm the GC Passenger Lounge is now open at Hartlepool Railway Station.

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2020/01/grand-central-reveals-new-passenger-lounge-at-hartlepool-station.html

Inspector Knacker

If it's anything like Tumbleweed Junction, they'll promise a 'beam me up Scotty' option and we'll end up with a rope swing.
Joking aside, a bridge with a gentle ramp please....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Tee_Ess_25er

You never complained this much about politicians claiming the credit even when the Bash Street Kids were in charge and their chubby faces were in the paper on a daily basis.

Is this the shape of things to come?  The poorly attempted rewrite of history so that all those who are in opposition of certain views on this board are now to be painted as lifelong supporters of the SCABS?

Quite sad really on where this forum finds itself sometimes these days.  Imma gonna tell Ste n Cwis on you.....

DRiddle

It is very bizarre that a forum which centered around 'calling people out' and 'holding people to account' now seems to be doing exactly what people accused the SCABS of doing back in the day.

By that, I mean there was NEVER any demands for evidence or for people to "go to the police" if the late SteveL or whoever shared information on here which was worthy of scrutiny.

The same people who often accused HBC and the SCABS of whitewashing controversy, now seem to be holding the brush and a large tin of emulsion.

Sad times.

fred c

Only in your opinion...in case you hadn't noticed times have moved on.

Tee_Ess_25er

Quote from: fred c on February 03, 2020, 02: PM
Only in your opinion...

Sadly not just his Fred.  Blatantly obvious to those outside looking in.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on February 02, 2020, 10: AM

Laughably incorrect. A simple forum search will show that you are  lying.
Searching through everything you've said ....? I won't live that long, and if I did I'd probably die of terminal boredom.
I don't recall the present incumbents being in the local press as much as the flash bulb addicted predecessors were.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on February 02, 2020, 10: AM

To put it in context, The Grand Central Plan was a a wish list on their part. I don't disagree with it, but they weren't paying for it.

It was their plan in 20i4 and they were proposing to pay for it.
So what stopped them?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Tee_Ess_25er on February 03, 2020, 09: AM

Is this the shape of things to come?  The poorly attempted rewrite of history so that all those who are in opposition of certain views on this board are now to be painted as lifelong supporters of the SCABS?

Quite sad really on where this forum finds itself sometimes these days.  Imma gonna tell Ste n Cwis on you.....
Try reading whatI said, not what you'd like to think I said.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on February 03, 2020, 12: PM
It is very bizarre that a forum which centered around 'calling people out' and 'holding people to account' now seems to be doing exactly what people accused the SCABS of doing back in the day.

Your sentence makes no sense whatsoever. ::)

Lucy Lass-Tick

Any forum consists of x number of people each expressing y number of ideas - so why should some kind of consensus be assumed? The idea that there's some kind of hive mind going on seems distinctly weird to me.

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on February 03, 2020, 12: PM
I mean there was NEVER any demands for evidence or for people to "go to the police"

I cant be arsed nor do I have the time (unlike some who seem to live here) to trawl through years of post regarding this issue. But if they had evidence they should have gone to police the police. I know some did.

The cross hairs landed on you because maybe in an attempt to build your "cred" in the run up to a local election you rocked up here claiming to "know" about some wrong doing by a clownciller ( AKA waste of oxygen)...offered no evidence and chose to just make posts fanning the damp kindling rather than actually taking any action including IF the law had been broken reporting the matter to the police.

So yes demands for evidence and if evidence is forthcoming, for people to report it to the police will continue. Why would you not? Lack of balls ( or the equivalent)?

Maybe you should stick to teaching?
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on February 03, 2020, 06: PM

The cross hairs landed on you because maybe in an attempt to build your "cred" in the run up to a local election you rocked up here claiming to "know" about some wrong doing by a clownciller ( AKA waste of oxygen)...offered no evidence

Not true. He provided a link to the evidence and I posted it and the mods deleted it as offensive.