All in this Together?

Started by steveL, April 29, 2012, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

We all suspected it and now the statistics are out - the rich really are getting richer. The Times anounced today through its 'rich list' that the wealth of the 100 richest people in the UK has risen by 4.7%

The gap between the rich and poor has been widening for years - including the years of the last Labour Government.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

It has never been any different, so it come as no surprise that The Times yet again re-enforces this fact, will it change ? probably not, but just looking down the list i don`t think i would change places with some of the people on there.
The questions that always comes to my mind are, how did they get their money & how do they treat people once they have it ?

On a lighter note, but somehow relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHo2pXO_XAI&feature=related

Stig of the Seaton Dump

If you look over a longer period oh history than just the last couple of decades there has been revolutions around the world.

They have not all been bloody wars and they have not all been for the good but they have proven that there are breaking points in society.

Those holding the wealth at the moment must worry what that breaking point is.
I don't believe it.

testing times

I think that's a very good point. Wherever that point is, I would say that Greece is getting pretty close to it.