An old soldiers medals

Started by notinshadow, April 28, 2012, 04: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/medals-found-in-a-hedge-1-4490199

I have removed the data guys, just as it is not needed on here now, so seems not right to leave it up..

The post is about the old soldiers medals being found ..

notinshadow

P.S.

The WW1 medals might be a red herring and this will easily be proved by his d.o.b. or where they were found.

If they were found in the Kennedy Grds area, then then they are not his medals but maybe his fathers etc is my wild guess.

It would take me all day to work it out and I don't have the time.

fred c

Glad you have spent some time on this, hopefully someone will come forward & claim the Medals....

Nice One....

The Great Dictator

I've sent a picture of these medals to my brother in Wales, he deals in antiques and memorabilia.

notinshadow

Ladies and gentleman..

I have just chatted to Adrian down in Caistor who hasn't seen his dad since he was 16 years old.
But the fact of the matter is it is his dad.. I have just emailed The Mail but the email was knocked back..  At first i thought it was their email but now think it is my computer that won't send it for some reason after checking..

Anyone want to send them an email..??

The Great Dictator

Yeah, what should i tell them ?

notinshadow

I stuck it on their Facebook page..

Julie noted

LlTa, that was very good of you to go to the trouble of finding the gentleman's son.
Well done.  :-*
It's sad that they appear to have had all those missing years, maybe the son will receive the medals etc. and think about his father from time to time.  :'(

The other aspect that struck me; if you could find the son within 24 hrs with your (I presume) limited facilities, why couldn't the police, with all their technology?  :-[

notinshadow

Quote from: Julie noted on April 29, 2012, 08: AM
LlTa, that was very good of you to go to the trouble of finding the gentleman's son.
Well done.  :-*
It's sad that they appear to have had all those missing years, maybe the son will receive the medals etc. and think about his father from time to time.  :'(

Thanks Julie..

The other aspect that struck me; if you could find the son within 24 hrs with your (I presume) limited facilities, why couldn't the police, with all their technology?  :-[

There was only about half a dozen R.T.P. born between 1880-1925 so it wasn't as hard to suss as some might think, I do have good date data which is helpful, so once I know who the person is finding them takes minutes.

The Great Dictator

The cops don't know how to do it, i reported a missing person/alleged murder to Exeter CID 12 months ago and they refused to investigate it ?

notinshadow

The police only use elecrol roll and BT/Virgin really.

I do twenty a month of the missingyou.net site in batches of 5..my little way of doing a bit of good for society..

The war medals weren't the fella's they thought either..

I wondered as soon as I saw the address he lived at 1996, as I knew there was wasn't someone in that name from 1837 to 1899 and the one born 1900 died 1901.

That meant he would have to have been at least 94 in 1996..as the next one was 1902 born..he was born much later.

I am hoping they were his fathers..actually I might have a look and see who his father was, to see if they had thes ame name..as if the medals were in that name and they are ww1 then his dad would share the same name.

The council are the ones that nark me a little when they are looking for families of people that have died, the women doesn't reply to emails when the dish out all the wrong details of the deceased to the Mail..and although I can find the family and work it out for them, rather than that they prefer for no family to turn up to the funeral.

When I see these appeals now I think what is the point.. as for something as simple as giving me the d.o.b. would safe days of research if it's a common name.

I think that' pretty sad..