Political expediency

Started by suvin, April 26, 2012, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suvin

I am sure that a lot of you are aware that that there was a power surge on the Headland on 25th March when the power company managed to shove 11000 volts into our homes. There have been 6 meetings of the residents since then and we have got the MP involved.  Strangely, at the last meeting, we have had a full compliment of prospective labour party candidates rattling their sabres and threatening drastic action against the power distributor.  Only one  lives on the Headland.

Straight Talking

Whilst I appreciate that the politics of most users of this site are not Labour.
I assume that any other candidate had the same opportunity to know their was a problem
and turn up at the meeting.

When you are in a fight and getting your head stoved in, do you really stop and question those who offer you a helping hand.

Better question would be that if 2 of the 3 don't live on the Headland, where were all those other candidates that do?

You also need to take into account that the new ward is much bigger and takes in other areas.  Whoever is elected will have to represent the whole ward not just parts of it.

notinshadow

I wouldn't have thought you have even been in a fight as you don't sound the sort to get that involved.

More the name calling type in my view. :-\

The Shadow

You'd have been upset if the HF candidates showed up then Suvin. None live on the Headland and only 2 of them live in Hartlepool.

notinshadow

Shadow that is slightly unfair if you are referring to the Allisons, as they have a business on the Headland, family on the Headland, grew up on the Headland, registered address on the Headland, friends on the Headland, so just as they live just over the A19 is hardly out of the area in my view.

The Shadow

I refer to 1 Allison yes. The details can be argued till we are blue in the face but the fact remains that in reply to Suvin, no HF candidate lives on the Headland and only 2 of them live in Hartlepool.

not4me

So are you sayin that all other candidates in all other wards live in those wards?
What a burke. Your obsession with HF and Steve Allison shows you have no objectivity in your posts making them worthless reading.

The Shadow

Who said anything about candidates living in their wards? Please read my posts in the full context and conversation they are involved with before wading in to defend your buddies.

I refer you back to Suving post regarding 3 Labour candidates turning up to a meeting "only one lives on the Headland".

notinshadow

I have just Googled mapped it and it's only the same as living at Wynyard distance wise, so then can we bin the mayor when his house is completed and he moved there?

The Shadow

Can we? Yes please. Though part of Wynyard is part of Hartlepool.

Still missing the point though. It isn't WHO lives where. Simply pointing out that whilst only 1 labour candidate lives on the Headland (which is only one area of the new Headland and Harbour Ward), 0 HF members live there either.

notinshadow

To me that doesn't matter!!

I am voting for a lady that I have no idea where she lives but I hope she will do better than the man that lives right oppersite my house.

I wouldn't put money on her beating him though but I don't trust this IndyLab either way so why would I vote for him.

The Shadow

I didn't, on this occasion, say it did matter.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I was ignored repeatedly by one of the labour candidates that lives in Seaton ...so not going to fall for the living local argument.
I don't believe it.

The Shadow

Who said vote local? I didn't say don't vote for them as they don't live locally. Just pointed something out in reply to Suvin.

notinshadow

Yes but it is a point that is almost pointed out daily near voting time that has been done since he moved there.

Everyone knows he lives the other side of the A19 so it's exhusted.

It's more about the approach he has and what he does for the community that vote fo him that matters.