Election Leaflets

Started by Donkey Kong, April 26, 2012, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donkey Kong

I've had three through the door, one from the Conservatives, one from the new Putting Hartlepool First lot and one from some shopkeeper from Greatham who claims to be a local representative for me even though lives miles away on the other side of town (I would consider local to mean a nice stroll, not a 5mile hike away).  All of them are garbage.

Why are they garbage?  Because none of them put an email address on them where I can ask them questions that might enable them to get my vote depending upon their answer.  Obviously they only want to tell you what they want you to hear and don't want to be questioned on anything that might fall into the "too difficult" category. 

Even so, all of these garbage leaflets are better than the non-existent ones which Labour or the LibDems have come up with.

What opportunity do we have nowadays to actually question these potential candidates?  You would've thought with all of the communication formats available it should be something that they could easily make available.

Straight Talking

Which of the Putting Hartlepool First leaflets did you get?
The one where the candidates were saying that the previous Councillors were rubbish and then realised that included them?
What a joke

not4me

No he wouldn't have got any of those because they were never delivered. The error was spotted beforehand and corrected before they were delivered in the relevant wards.
Not that simple facts will interfere with what's going on in your already closed mind. If you prefer to imagine that any such leaflets were actually delivered because it makes you feel better then go ahead.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: Straight Talking on April 26, 2012, 04: PM
Which of the Putting Hartlepool First leaflets did you get?
The one where the candidates were saying that the previous Councillors were rubbish and then realised that included them?
What a joke

Not really sure the whole contents of it to be honest.  I glanced through what appeared to be guff about how they were going to fix the world and looked for where I could ask them questions.  I would've checked it over again tonight except the wife filed it under B1N saying that it looked like a spoof and that she'd be voting for the little man she voted for last time.

Straight Talking

Quote from: not4me on April 26, 2012, 05: PM
No he wouldn't have got any of those because they were never delivered. The error was spotted beforehand and corrected before they were delivered in the relevant wards.
Not that simple facts will interfere with what's going on in your already closed mind. If you prefer to imagine that any such leaflets were actually delivered because it makes you feel better then go ahead.

Not what I understood to be the case but if you say so!

Ryehill

In this image conscious world we live in the physical quality of the leaflet seems to be  more  important than the message.  The Conservative party must have spent a lot of money on their leaflets yet said nothing . The one which I received compared Hartlepool with Westminster . What a pointless exercise.  No mention of the cuts in local services or any other important issues facing the town. Another of their leaflets is an attack on P.H.F. but no mention of the party the Conservatives should be attacking.  It is looking as though we are having a contest between the status quo the Lib/Lab/ Con parties, determined to hang onto their nice little number, and the rest who want to see change ,real change ,in Hartlepool.