Lost Posts

Started by Straight Talking, April 26, 2012, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straight Talking

Whilst I appreciate that the site is back up, I am concerned that a number of posts made by me
prior to the administrations decision to carry out maintenance on the site have disappeared.

Can someone explain this?

Donkey Kong

Explanation?

Easy-peasy.

If your names not down then they don't want you in.

It appears that other users posts have disappeared too.  They were probably deemed to be "off-message" and not complying with the perceived reason for this board's existence.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Sorry to be boring, but it looks to me that there's been technical issues with whatever's been done, and that the site's had to be restored using the last back up which could be guaranteed problem free (just like a systems restore with Windows). We're all in the same position...I too have lost what was posted after the 'restore point', as has anyone and everyone else who had posted from then.

danny_boy

Quote from: Donkey Kong on April 26, 2012, 04: PM
Explanation?

Easy-peasy.

If your names not down then they don't want you in.

It appears that other users posts have disappeared too.  They were probably deemed to be "off-message" and not complying with the perceived reason for this board's existence.

Well thanks a bunch. After spending days trying to rebuild a hacked database to get it into some sort of usable state, he's me thinking that in the circumstances I've got it pretty close to what it was before the HTH site was attacked yet again. Apparently, I'm wrong.

This has all been a conspiracy to remove a couple of days posts from a couple of recent additions to the members list because HTH doesn't like what they say.

Really? Has it occurred to any of you two divvys that your posts, names and even your accounts can be removed at the click of a button? We don't actually have to lose the whole database to achieve that......Doh! >:(

It makes everything seem so worthwhile.......maybe you could have a word with your mates and tell them to put their wallets away and stop paying people to hack the site which, in case you didn't know, is a criminal offence. >:(

Straight Talking

Chill out man, no one was saying any such thing.

The site is back up, so lets just get on with it.

If those I had responded to, put the same rubbish on again, I will respond again.

Don't really appreciate the veiled threat about deleting me at the flick of a button.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: danny_boy on April 26, 2012, 05: PM
Well thanks a bunch. After spending days trying to rebuild a hacked database to get it into some sort of usable state, he's me thinking that in the circumstances I've got it pretty close to what it was before the HTH site was attacked yet again. Apparently, I'm wrong.

This has all been a conspiracy to remove a couple of days posts from a couple of recent additions to the members list because HTH doesn't like what they say.

Really? Has it occurred to any of you two divvys that your posts, names and even your accounts can be removed at the click of a button? We don't actually have to lose the whole database to achieve that......Doh! >:(

It makes everything seem so worthwhile.......maybe you could have a word with your mates and tell them to put their wallets away and stop paying people to hack the site. >:(

Oooh, touchy.  Apologies if a flippant remark has upset you in any way.

I would however like to point out that I have had no involvement whatsoever in any alleged hacking of the site and have better things to spend my money on than that kind of rubbish.

Do I take it that you run this place and do the clever computer stuff?  If so, is there a way that I can send you a private message on here?

codheadless

well done again danny on getting the site back up hope you find out and publish the name of the frightened cretins who are doing it.

Straight Talking

Remind me of the question/s and I'll consider it.

Straight Talking

So why all coy why not just ask the question. I'm getting bored.

brassed off monkey

Great work danny, I feel sure i speak for many people when i say, thanks for the effort you have put in to restore the site.

Co-incidental that the site was attacked again in the week before the local elections or is it ?

I wonder if Clevelands finest would be doing diddly squat if, for instance "The Mails" website had been taken down ? strange that recurring criminal activity can be allowed to go on without action by the police.

Straight Talking

So ask the question, if not stop wasting my time

notinshadow

I agree with B.O.M. Good work Danny.

Straight Talking

I don't exactly understand the question,
but if you want an opinion, I think the question is without foundation
so doesn't warrant an answer

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Hercule Poirot would struggle with this one.
I don't believe it.

Straight Talking

I have been advised by MK1 that you are a time-waster. So will not participate in pointless postings.