The revolution... is a dictatorship of the exploited against the exploiters

Started by perseus, April 20, 2012, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

Quote from: Stevef on April 26, 2012, 09: PM
Most of the money spent by HBC with the mail is spent on advertisements and statutory announcements. This is something that HBC is required to do, not something they simply choose to do.

I didn't for a moment think it was anything other than how you have put it.

You seem to be of the mind that this transaction is the reason for the close relationship between the Mail and HBC.

I bet 300k worth of orders helps you get what you want with the Mail or any other medium size business in the town.

In fact HBC have little option but to go to the Mail with these publications, so there is no obligation on the Mail other than to publish the information.

Ok..If I had a business that you spent 300k a year on, I would keep that in mind, when printing stories about you Steve in a poor light.

Your post also seemed to suggest that as it is public money that the HBC are spending at the Mail, that somehow that entitled them to expect more from the transaction. Something I didn't think you would agree with.

It's public money the council are spending.. full stop..your over egging it with anything else.

Whatever the reason for the unhealthy relationship between the Mail and HBC I doubt it's that simple.
I don't suggest anything else..

Thanks for the reply Steve.

marky

The way I see it...the business the Mail gets is from the Council and not the Labour Group. If the LG all go on a fishing trip and drown  (heaven forbid) the council would still carry on spending the money so why this link with the LG? If I was Joy Yates, I'd be smelling the coffee and think of those falling circulation figures.