The revolution... is a dictatorship of the exploited against the exploiters

Started by perseus, April 20, 2012, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

Look for his username..

Lord Elphus whatever it is...the name from the muppet show..

marky

I don't really get were you're coming from, Perseus. Those on here who have taken the PHF route will probably already be out there doing what they can as Steve pointed out. I don't think they have much choice  - if the other parties are shoving leaflets through doors they will have to do the same otherwise people will say 'I never even got a leaflet from them' 
If you want to draft some sort of generic letter then I'm sure the guys at HTH would upload it so people could download and print a few copies out to distribute themselves or you could do what I've done and sign up as a regular columist on the site.
HTH may have it faults but then I always wonder where we would be without it. The fact that Labour loathes the site and the people behind it tells me everything I need to know.

Shepherd

Been away on business, new job Aberdeen, but it seems very lively.

I have to say, and I know its late welcome perseus.

Your 1st post was truly excellent and hit the nail on the head.

The vast majority of people on here recognise the town is being run by people (a council within a council) that are only interested in lining their own pockets.

That 1st post said it all!

Is there any chance of it being published??? I would put £50 in right away!

notinshadow

I like that post for lots of reasons..one being it made me chuckle to myself at the end.

It's a complete waste of the resources available and that's the shame of it to me..

PHF have one bite at it..

christine blakey

Perseus, I would be delighted to meet with you and any other person to consider a strategy to improve Hartlepool.  I agree that this site is a vehicle for information but assassination also.

So if you or anyone would like to meet, please let me know.

Not Stephen Hadow

Interesting that when a group of people get off their backsides and start a new party that aims to take national party politics out of Hartlepool Council Chamber the overwhelming response on HTH, where such a party has been called for many, many times, is to attack two of the founders of that party and start to talk about missed opoportunities and how in two years time another group should be formed to do exactly what PHF are trying to do.  PHF has former Labour, Tory and UKIP members, PHF may even have some former Lib-Dems but who cares, the vast majority of PHF members appear to be people who have previously had no party political allegience what-so-ever. It seems to me that most of the trolls attacking PHF are actually either members of one of the National Political Parties for whom anyone threatening their party must be attacked or people who want an organisation like PHF but only if they are in charge of it themselves. Well if these people had got off their arses and set up such an organisation then maybe they would have done a better job than PHF is doing. However, the undeniable fact is that PHF Candidates are on the ballot paper in every ward in Hartlepool on May 3rd and are offering the people of Hartlepool an alternative they have never had before. The trolls attacking PHF on this site are not offering the voters anything other than more of the same old discredited national parties and cuckoo independents! At least PHF are trying, what are the attackers on HTH Forum doing? Just trying to pull down PHF because they don't like two of the people who set it up! and why are they doing this? I have no idea, but one thing is for sure, they are not interested in putting Hartlepool First are they?

Now I am deleting my user name and going to bed. I have to be up early in the morning to deliver more "useless leaflets" and "fail to get my message accross" to the electorate. The leaflets may be useless and I may very well fail to get the message across but at least I'm trying and not sitting behind my keyboard critisising people who are out trying to do something. Those who can, do. Those who just want to critisise and pull down the efforts of others, become internet message board trolls.

Night Night

notinshadow

I'm not even going to read you post, it's simple not worth it, as I bet I could have a good guess at the comments/digs it will consist off.

Same old same old..that's why you need pipe and slipper, call it all a day.

But I do know I am not voting for you, nor my mrs or daughter, so it's only three votes but the Tories can have them..your problem is.. if to many others do the same you are proper f*c*ed.

notinshadow

;D Yes that's about what I expected.. ;D

Well it will be intresting to see how he does on May 3rd and the party as a whole. It will be interesting to watch how the party grows in the future. I would be interesting to see if they kick Labour out anytime soon.
It will be intersting to watch it play out.

Has anyone every jumbled the leaders of PHF initials together yet!! :-X

The Great Dictator

notinshadow

You can see why they won't run it really, I think someone said the council spend 300 grand a year with the Mail.

notinshadow

If you or I was spending 300k of other people money with a local newspaper we would expect the same.

Stevef

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on April 26, 2012, 06: PM

If you or I was spending 300k of other people money with a local newspaper we would expect the same.

Maybe you should take a step back and think about that one!
You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.

notinshadow

Ok took a step back and had a think about it..not sure I either get your point Steve or I have missed the point myself with my previous post.

Let me know your thoughts.

Stevef

Most of the money spent by HBC with the mail is spent on advertisements and statutory announcements. This is something that HBC is required to do, not something they simply choose to do.

You seem to be of the mind that this transaction is the reason for the close relationship between the Mail and HBC. In fact HBC have little option but to go to the Mail with these publications, so there is no obligation on the Mail other than to publish the information.

Your post also seemed to suggest that as it is public money that the HBC are spending at the Mail, that somehow that entitled them to expect more from the transaction. Something I didn't think you would agree with.

Whatever the reason for the unhealthy relationship between the Mail and HBC I doubt it's that simple.
You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.