West View 1 CAB 0

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, April 17, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: mk1.1 on April 21, 2012, 12: AM
His traditional responses on this forum seem to all be just about trying to ridicule others. He knows very little, has few facts at his disposal, less friends and is pretty much the pet site troll, they wheel him out when someone dares challenge the all knowing UKIP, Hartlepool First or seriously desperate to be elected to power to fill the huge void in their lives bunch.

Wow, now they replicating!

notinshadow

Shadow what are you talking grinding and dungeons.

mk1

Quote from: notinshadow on April 21, 2012, 12: AM
Shadow what are you talking grinding and dungeons.

I believe it is a reference to a modern form of the game 'Battleships'.

The hook has been baited many times but so far Ray Wells Shadow has not had a bite.

notinshadow

Sorry guys for being thick about such things..

Thanks MK1 for letting me know.

mk1

Quote from: notinshadow on April 21, 2012, 12: AM

Sorry guys for being thick about such things..

Thanks MK1 for letting me know.

Myself I prefer the old Airfix stuff.
This for instance, bought for 2 shillings in the 60's (10p today) but now sell for 20-40 quid each  on Ebay

These are less but still 10+ quidish a pop...

Lucy Lass-Tick

Dear, oh dear...boys and their toys... ::)

notinshadow

Girls like "toys" too I am told.. :-[

Ann Summers parties are all the rage!!  ::)

Shepherd

The News about the CAB is a sad indication of the way the town is run and where its heading, Dumpsville pedal to the metal.

All because a tiny group of individuals, you know them, people in public office taking public monies and putting it into their private pockets and those of their friends and relations have an agenda.

The agenda has one topic, them

It is corruption, there is no other name for it.

Years ago as a poor student the CAB helped me out, now its finances are threatened because of the corruption of these types of people directing the money to something infinitely inferior, but knowing it  will pay them well.

Its depressing because you can see where this will go:-

Those in need will get 2nd class advice in a time when the screws are being turned hardest on those in the worst positions.
Mistreatment of those most vulnerable will increase along with injustice as the tools to fight them are of a low quality and as a result poverty, and its companion, crime, will increase as these people become desperate.
Those in need who were previously honest will turn to crime and because they have no choice.
They will be driven to it rather than taking it as as a life style choice and will not in most cases be very good at it and they will get caught.
The jails will fill with the 'wronged poor' and the real career criminals will have a free reign as the Police, who have their budgets cut and are consequently less effective and will go for the easy target every time and all our lives are degraded and impoverished as a result.

Simplistic I know, but as I said CAB helped me when I was poor and desperate and was considering doing something very foolish just to put food on the table!

Straight Talking

Quote from: Lord Elpus on April 19, 2012, 06: AM
Taken from the contract Scrutiny Committee minutes for the 27 02 12 (they can be found here; http://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/meetings/meeting/2385/contract_scrutiny_committee)

Councillor Paul Thompson (In the Chair);
Councillors Trisha Lawton, Carl Richardson, Linda Shields,
Lilian Sutheran and Ray Wells

I have taken the time to have a close look at this issue. Unlike most of those who have commented on it. Seemingly the Councillors who are present when contracts are opened are there purely to ensure probity - they do not pass any opinion as they are not asked for an opinion. The name of the tenderer and the value of the quote is provided. Other than that the whole process is dealt with by Officers. So the only outcome at this stage is to "note the report".

Once the tender has been checked and verified by officers a report goes to whoever is the cabinet member with responsibility to agree the letting of the contract to whoever has provided best quality/best cost and they either agree or not.

I find the original posting both misleading and mischievious, as Geoff knows full well what the process is.

notinshadow

I was making myself busy about that today and was told that the council/mayor had said to the C.A.B. that there was 160k in the pot towards that type service and then the C.A.B. still went in with a price of 220k or whatever it was, so West View mob walked away with it on price alone.
Still begs the question.. is it a like for like service tendered on..
Personally I doubt it.

Straight Talking

Well my understanding is that the service whilst it may be different should be the same quality, but will be delivered on the estates not just in West View.

Joe has over the years point blank refused to offer the service other than in the town centre. This means the majority of clients have to travel in.

He did concede to provide outreach a couple of years ago, and now provides a service at the Carers premises once a week for an hour or so but this again is only a few hundred yards away from CAB's premises.

notinshadow

I never need the C.A.B. services so therefore don't use the service...but if for any reason something happened where I did have to use that service, I would have no confidence whatsoever in the West View mob.

Straight Talking

If you have never used the services of CAB how do you know that West View cant provide a quality service and why do you refer to them as "a mob"

notinshadow

Mob as I can't remember the full title and I quite like to call them a mob..

About the service though..I think the C.A.B. have seen it all before, from all walks of life, where the West View mob are estate people, from and for..and simply they would not fill me with confidence going to see them about issues.

What they going to do give me a leaflet?