West View 1 CAB 0

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, April 17, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MkI

Like for like service?

LMFAO.

It'll be a watered down version "staffed" by know-it-alls as opposed to experts and most of the "advice" given will be as to how lucky people are to have a Labour controlled council in power,  how nasty those government types are and how the world would be a better place with a Labour controlled government.

notinshadow

Yes but of course Paul Thompson will vote for his friends at West View everytime, as they will be in a position to help Hartlepool Families First when their time comes round yet again.

They ought to change the name of the Civic chamber to Holme House!!

Also you know when everyone the other week kicked off about Manor Res employing their family and friends and not advertising the jobs, well how comes H.F.F. do the same thing and no one bats an eye lid about it.

christine blakey

Rest assured, all of these concerns are being highlighted, not just the Manor concerns for no other reason than it does bring the need to scrutinise why this is happening when it is frowned upon.

I suggest anyone with other concerns should bring them to the attention of the Charity Commission, Council and Police where appropriate.  Noting them on here will also be a necessary monitoring tool as there is the case that the organisations may need to be investigated and the assessors may ignore or misread the issues.

notinshadow

How much did H.F.F. take from the council tax last year.

I have to be a little careful on my view of H.F.F. as I think it is an excellent service provided to those most in need of them services.

But all the same the same tactics of emplying wifes/ family/friends is applied as any of the other group in this town.

If you're going to call one for it, then atleast call them all for it.

MkI

Quote from: kipperdip on April 19, 2012, 03: PM
Interesting to note that our local newspaper's circulation is now down to 13k, even if it allowed PROPER political debate - which it does not - it still wouldn't reach nearly enough of our townsfolk to bring about real change.

This is a large part of the problem though, as the vast majority of the "I vote for x because my mam and dad do / did" brigade won't buy any kind of newspaper because they can't actually read.  This is equally why sending leaflets through their letterbox will have a very limited effect, but I don't think I've seen / heard an election car with a speaker on the roof since I was a kid growing up on the Brooke estate in the late 70s / early 80s.

notinshadow

Kipperdip best post of the week in my view.

LOL about right too I think.

brassed off monkey

Quote from: LOL@U on April 19, 2012, 02: PM
Like for like service?

LMFAO.

It'll be a watered down version "staffed" by know-it-alls as opposed to experts and most of the "advice" given will be as to how lucky people are to have a Labour controlled council in power,  how nasty those government types are and how the world would be a better place with a Labour controlled government.

I have to agree with your assessment, i don`t see how they can offer a Like for Like service & certainly not to the same proffesional standards CAB provide, my point though was to draw some attention to the "Tender Quotes" how much are HBC going to save by awarding the contract to West View ?

I believe people in Hartlepool are being deprived of a first class service by this ill thought out decision, a service that has a well established infrastructure that is know to everyone who may need the help CAB can provide.

christine blakey

Can I also have noted that the CAB is well placed in the middle of town so when buses run, there is a greater chance to go to the bureau and do shopping as well, getting more for your money.

What about those in the South of the Town?

With such a drop in income, there will hardly be anyone left in CAB so it will be a like for like service then in terms of limited amounts of staff to advise!

I am going to ask West View Advice Centre about this as I think we need to consider their training and advice benchmarks. 

We might just find that the service was the same upon application though with 73 years experience, I cannot see how CAB didn't tick all of the boxes?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: kipperdip on April 19, 2012, 03: PM
On this and most other threads there is plentiful evidence of the degree of contempt and mistrust of the Labour Mafia in Hartlepool.
Sad thing is so few people read this site and the vast majority of our fellow citizens are so dreadfully politically unaware
If only we had a local newspaper ..... aren't they supposed to employ those journalist thingy's to look into thigs and keep their readers informed  ::)
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Straight Talking

Quote from: christine blakey on April 19, 2012, 06: PM
Can I also have noted that the CAB is well placed in the middle of town so when buses run, there is a greater chance to go to the bureau and do shopping as well, getting more for your money.

What about those in the South of the Town?

With such a drop in income, there will hardly be anyone left in CAB so it will be a like for like service then in terms of limited amounts of staff to advise!

I am going to ask West View Advice Centre about this as I think we need to consider their training and advice benchmarks. 

We might just find that the service was the same upon application though with 73 years experience, I cannot see how CAB didn't tick all of the boxes?

Hi Christine, I think you will find that West View Advice and Resource Centre have all the credentials needed and their staff are second to none.

mk1

Quote from: Straight Talking on April 20, 2012, 11: PM
Hi Christine, I think you will find that West View Advice and Resource Centre have all the credentials needed and their staff are second to none.

And, it seems, have powerful political friends..........

Straight Talking

I don't understand what you mean, please explain.

mk1

Quote from: Straight Talking on April 21, 2012, 12: AM
I don't understand what you mean, please explain.

I had you down as slow rather than stupid.
Seems I will have to revisit that decision..........

Straight Talking

That's not going to work, insulting me for asking you to explain.
Is it too hard for you, or don't you know the answer?

The Shadow

Excuse Mk1, he hasn't had many friends online to complete dungeons with. He gets very short tempered when he hasn't been grinding.