Smart Litter Bins at Seaton

Started by jeffh, August 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Depends where they had the trial and for how long. A bin in the council depot tried out for effect could be classified as such , so it have been tested or demonstrated ?
Where was it tested and demonstrated and for how long?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on September 20, 2017, 01: PM
Depends where they had the trial and for how long. A bin in the council depot tried out for effect could be classified as such , so it have been tested or demonstrated ?

If you Google these bins you very quickly find the end-user complaints about how dirty and smelly they become when not emptied promptly. They are very common in the USA and without a regular clean and maintain they go to pot. I suspect the Council see them as a way to cut down on emptying them as often and nothing else. I very much doubt they will looked after.

Hartlepudlion

It's beginning to look like the smart litter bins are about as smart as the people who purchased them.

jeffh

Quote from: Riddler5 on September 20, 2017, 01: PM

As far as I can remember 2 were tried out at the front of the Rocket Car Park for about 6 weeks in April/May

steveL

I noticed tonight that HBC have now placed a Trade Wheelie Bin next to the 'Smart Bins' to take up the overflow
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.