Smart Litter Bins at Seaton

Started by jeffh, August 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

5 times? Depends on the 'waste' of course. Are those the solar panels on top, because if they are I'd be more worried about the vandalism aspect of them.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

If you Google these bins and do Youtube searches  it appears one of the main problems is the mess they make. Compacting drink cans/bottle with liquid still in them means it runs all over the place. They get very messy  and unless a regular cleaning regime is put in place (no chance) they start stinking. The handles also appear to be a weak point as they either break or become so dirty people do not use the bins.
The info is out there for all willing to look.

fred c

Any link between the council and research, operational efficiency and maintenance, is at very best tenuous ( ie. HMS Rustbucket).........The very old adage of.... "If it ain't broke, don't f***in fix it" applies equally as well now, as it ever has

FFS........just empty the existing bins more often, don't compound the problem by wasting £90k of council tax payers money.

jeffh

Quote from: fred c on September 03, 2017, 05: PM
Any link between the council and research, operational efficiency and maintenance, is at very best tenuous ( ie. HMS Rustbucket).........The very old adage of.... "If it ain't broke, don't f***in fix it" applies equally as well now, as it ever has

FFS........just empty the existing bins more often, don't compound the problem by wasting £90k of council tax payers money.
...but aren't they going to buy a load more for the rest of the town?

seaton

Reminds me of the super duper toilet outside the library all those years ago, didnt cost around £20k, where did it go too scrapyard ?

seaton

I can't see where the cost saving is, when the bins send a signal out to say they are full some one from some where comes and empties them supposedly.
Why not provide the same person with a Waste Disposal Vehicle and drive round Seaton and nearby and just empty the normal type bins ?

Inspector Knacker

Like I said earlier, how many separate journeys would this entail yo empty each one when it bleeps. Just get bigger bins and make one journey to empty them at the end of the day.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Olivers Army

"The sun's rays charge a 12-volt battery which powers a compacting system that allows the Bigbelly bins to take up to eight times more waste than standard bins. The bins, which are being trialled at various locations around Seaton Carew, also have a hi-tech system that alerts council staff by text and email when they need emptying."

Plonkers...

Read more at: http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/bid-to-clean-up-seaton-carew-with-15-new-hi-tech-bins-costing-90-000-1-8706435"

not4me

You mean like this? This is what greeted me in Burn Valley yesterday

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: not4me on September 19, 2017, 08: AM
You mean like this? This is what greeted me in Burn Valley yesterday

Need those big belly bins that send off an alert when full of s**t.

Hmmm. I feel an analogy coming on.
I don't believe it.

testing times

Didn't Mr Hanson claim that the Smart Bins would release council worker's time in other areas?

John dory

I used one of the smart bins at seaton this morning. the stench when I opened it nearly knocked me over. Got knows what it will be like if it gets warmer. :P

fred c

The £6000 smart bins are HBC's version of the kids 'finger spinners' they give kids endless hours of fun for £3....only £5997 more, but if it amuses Cllr Hunter and Mr Hanson..... who are we to complain.  :( :( :(

BresslawoffoftheBunker

whilst there may be an issue with the bins themselves, it takes an idiot to just sling their rubbish next to one.  If its full take it home !!!!

mk1

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on September 19, 2017, 07: PM
whilst there may be an issue with the bins themselves, it takes an idiot to just sling their rubbish next to one.  If its full take it home !!!!

Brilliant! The way to save money is to leave them full. Then all the  ordinary peoples will just take their rubbish home. I bet this was the plan all along.