Main Objective of the Site

Started by Username, June 28, 2017, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Steely Dan. That local lad made good in deepest Yorkshire, returned from extended exile to enlighten us and tell us where we were going wrong. The party member who didn't like the local leaders but was a loyal apparatchik prepared to defend the party.
The horny handed son of heavy industry who worked his way up from the bottom, but never forgot his roots, or his BMW.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Username

What role is it you think I'm trying to play? Why is there such a culture of paranoia here? It's as if you think all of the world, or at least the town, is out to get you for some reason. It's looking more like you're not used to new members and everyone outside of the established group are somehow the enemy.

This really isn't the case people, some of us just want to join in.

steveL

Fascinating. Please elucidate. I can see a new 'Up North' TV series emerging.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Username

I don't think there's any need in this instance Steve but, I joined the group yesterday, was put on pre-mod within 3 posts I think, welcomed back as a banned member, been told I've been 'exposed' and that I'm playing a game or a role. No one feels the need to explain what they mean when they say these things though.

Surely a forum is about interaction and yet there has been a fair amount done to discourage interaction. If people don't wish to add to a particular thread for some reason, fine, don't, it's up to each of us how we participate.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Username on June 28, 2017, 05: PM
What role is it you think I'm trying to play? Why is there such a culture of paranoia here? It's as if you think all of the world, or at least the town, is out to get you for some reason. It's looking more like you're not used to new members and everyone outside of the established group are somehow the enemy.

This really isn't the case people, some of us just want to join in.
Paranoia? No. Sceptical? Yes.

Username

Scepticism is fine, when these things are directed at new people for no reason it's paranoia

Inspector Knacker

When you think it's directed at you, it's 'your' paranoia.

Username

Not when in direct reply with quotes to me.