Main Objective of the Site

Started by Username, June 28, 2017, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Username

This should be a self explanitary post. I'm wondering what the site and forum see as the primary purpose. At first glance it seems to be highlighting issues in the town and bringing as much attention upon these issues as possible. Would this be a fair assessment?

The Great Dictator

Yes, would you like to start a debate ?

fred c

Can I suggest that you scroll through and read  the 166 pages of threads that are available to you, digest there content, then formulate your own opinion on the The Post.

Username

Come on Fred, who is going to join a forum and trawl it's entire history?  That's just not realistic. Usually the members of the board are happy to give a summary or few pointers to new members. It's much more reasonable to quickly review the first page or two on each thread and use that as a summary.

The Great Dictator: Yes I'd like to discuss many things in time including The Hillsborough police chief being charged with the manslaughter of 95 people and what people think of it particularly with this suggesting all people in power will be held accountable for their decisions and the relevance of this to the town. I'd also like to discuss the councillor who was recently convicted of drink driving as I think it's of immense relevance to the town and just the sort of thing this site seems to pursue. I will of course start or join a new/existing thread so that things are kept on topic. I'm just struggling to find the time to give this the attention I'd like to right now.

mk1

Quote from: Username on June 28, 2017, 11: AM
I'd also like to discuss the councillor who was recently convicted of drink driving as I think it's of immense relevance to the town.....................

You almost had me fooled until you let that slip out. I say almost because your registration date made me very suspicious and  with the above those suspicions have been confirmed.

Inspector Knacker

I'm just struggling to find the time to give this the attention I'd like to right now.
Really? You seem to have spent quite a bit of time so far.
This all sounds like jibber jabber to me, page filling reflections of nothing.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Username

I'm trying to fool no one and let what slip? I've stated something I'd like to discuss. And why would I not? I've seen nothing on here regarding this and it seems like just the sort of thing the forum/site would be interested in. It's an elected councillor being convicted of a crime. Why would that not be highlighted in the same was as other have?

Username

Quote from: Riddler5 on June 28, 2017, 11: AM
I'm just struggling to find the time to give this the attention I'd like to right now.
This all sounds like jibber jabber to me, page filling reflections of nothing.

I have. All balanced around spending time with my family and putting off the work I need to do in my house for a few hours. Let's call it an indulgence.

mk1

23 posts so far. Must be some sort of record. Obviously out to tie everyone up replying to these inane messages.

I'm trying to fool no one and let what slip? I've stated something I'd like to discuss. And why would I not? I've seen nothing on here regarding this and it seems like just the sort of thing the forum/site would be interested in. It's an elected councillor being convicted of a crime. Why would that not be highlighted in the same was as other have?

There you go. An obvious baiting tactic. Not very good at this are you. Exposed on your first day.

I am out...............

Username

I'm not baiting firstly. Secondly this is a forum, the entire purpose of a forum is to share and discuss ideas etc. There would be nothing to read without people posting. If my posts are inane then people are free to not read or reply to them.

How can I have been exposed? I've made no secret of my identity, I've read through some post, replied in some recent ones so I don't revive old threads unnecessarily, joined in where I've had questions or felt I've had something to add. That's called participation not exposure.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on June 28, 2017, 11: AM

There you go. An obvious baiting tactic. Not very good at this are you. Exposed on your first day.

I am out...............

Ditto

Inspector Knacker

Like I said, jibber jabber. Keeping the board topped up with waffle and froth.

The Great Dictator

So what is your real name USERNAME, i for one don't know you ?

Inspector Knacker

Username comes over as someone trying to play a role and isn't very good at it.

Land Phil

Quote from: Riddler5 on June 28, 2017, 03: PM
Username comes over as someone trying to play a role and isn't very good at it.

Probably another member of the Steely Dan fan club.