Taboo subject......

Started by mk1, February 11, 2017, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

factualandroid

@MK1 ... if you use Google and search for that email address used on this website for the username in question you will see that it is linked to "old" and now not as popular social media platform MySpace. Of the same person suspected on here. So unless someone has been trying to plan this for 5/6+ years it might be a safe assumption.

Steely Dan

Bloody hell. I'm stunned and quite impressed that anyone can do this.

As someone who can barely send emails, I'm shocked this can be done by an amateur.

Seriously, has anyone contacted plod?

Steely Dan

Top work factual and MK.

factualandroid

Also, any information presented on this forum has been taken from publicly available Charity accounts from the Charity Commision website. Furthermore, any information related to how you can find and prove email addresses suspected of being I.M can also be found and proven yourself online. As SteveL has previously mentioned, hacking is illegal and none of the research I have shared online has come from such methods. It's easy enough to find and prove without that.

steveL

To be fair, the local Police did chase up on a previous DDOS attack but only after we supplied them with a name and address. I don't think they have the skills locally to do much themselves and the big boys tend to focus on the money sites or celebrity e-mails.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

With it being a regular occurence, the police should take it more seriously & if someone has hacked information from the site they should take it very seriously.

Whats going on is very odd to say the least  ???

mk1

Quote from: fred c on February 13, 2017, 06: PM
With it being a regular occurence, the police should take it more seriously

The previous attacks were DDOS and intended to knock the site off-line. The latest attack is a very different matter. It seems to be a very specific and aimed at removing all mention of Red Dreams and the duplicitous individual who was caught out telling blatant lies.
Do not conflate the two types of attack and  in the latest outrage the culprit is  obvious.

Steely Dan

Absolutely correct MK1. Even plod should be able to get two and two to make four on this occasion.

Bearing in mind his comments earlier I'd be interested in Coun Lilley's  take on this.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: Steely Dan on February 13, 2017, 06: PM
Absolutely correct MK1. Even plod should be able to get two and two to make four on this occasion.

Bearing in mind his comments earlier I'd be interested in Coun Lilley's  take on this.

Geoff Lilley retired from being a Councillor in 2015 and is so glad to be away from some very unsavoray characters.

factualandroid

Geoff has made many comments both here and on the Hartlepool Mail comments section emphatically supporting the two founders who are allegedly suspended on grounds of financial irregularities. It would be interesting to see what his take on this situation is should these allegations be proven right in a court of law. 

Lord Elpus

If people have committed a criminal act the courts will deal with them.

My opinion of Ian and Dawn will remain the same, they have done a great job at Red Dreams and helped 1000's of people.

Personally I think they are vicitim of a witch hunt by a person who is happy to hide in the shadows.

Conversly if there are no charges to answer can they expect a full apology from yourself?

factualandroid

@Lord Elpus - Should the two founders who are currently suspended whilst allegations of financial irregularities are investigated, not be brought to a court of law & issue a full explanation to the public as to why their accounts are more holy than the bible itself. I will be the first to come out and say, "I was wrong" - however, it should be noted that anyone raising questions or concerns should be welcomed (especially when they have been backed up using financial research and evidence/workings out shown).

To my limited knowledge of this case I am about to refer to, Wilcox only was proven for £7k ish however, from various members of this forum I gather their is much more... does that mean, in your opinion Geoff, we should only judge her on the court of laws opinion of that amount? Because if so, there are lots of members on here that should be apologising to her for the rest.

Johnny Bongo

'The disappearance of several year accounts from the Charity Commission web site in the middle of any kind of investigation...'

Forgive my ignorance...but am I to understand that The Charity Commission's website has been hacked and said pages removed/ deleted...or have the Charity Commission actually removed the pages themselves due to an investigation?  Curiouser and curiouser!

steveL

Neither.

The Charity Commission provides the ability for individual charities to upload their own accounts as part of the registration process; in fact, charities are expected to do this themselves. This means that charities have full control over what is sent to the commission. As we found from Manor Residents when this site highlighted a particular year's account being suspect (everything is relative with Manor Residents), a charity also has the ability to delete a set of accounts.

There is no automatic validation of accounts sent to the commission; they accept whatever is sent to them. It's more of a giant filing cabinet. The Commission itself will not have removed anything - that would only occur if done by the charity concerned.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: factualandroid on February 13, 2017, 08: PM
@Lord Elpus - Should the two founders who are currently suspended whilst allegations of financial irregularities are investigated, not be brought to a court of law & issue a full explanation to the public as to why their accounts are more holy than the bible itself. I will be the first to come out and say, "I was wrong" - however, it should be noted that anyone raising questions or concerns should be welcomed (especially when they have been backed up using financial research and evidence/workings out shown).

To my limited knowledge of this case I am about to refer to, Wilcox only was proven for £7k ish however, from various members of this forum I gather their is much more... does that mean, in your opinion Geoff, we should only judge her on the court of laws opinion of that amount? Because if so, there are lots of members on here that should be apologising to her for the rest.

In my opinion Wilcox was is a low life.  Ian and Dawn are two people I have faith in, I tend to judge people by their actions, hope you get my point.