sign of the times

Started by not4me, December 29, 2016, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

scraping the barrel now. wonder if they'll remove the current 'sponsored by drug dealers, cigarette smugglers and tax fiddlers'

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/new-signs-will-signal-the-way-ahead-for-hartlepool-1-8308088#comments-area

kevplumb

really going to boost the town  ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

kevplumb

i did notice there was no mention of the cost   ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Devils advocate

So you have to be already on the way into Hartlepool to see these signs. Hardly publicising a "tourist attraction" is it.

As mentioned above, nothing about the cost when the council is already crying over cut backs.

the_exile

No mention of the cost for the signs.................

However further down the article they mention that they have applied for £600K from the Coastal Community Fund to pay for statues honoring Ridley Scott, One on the sea front and one at the top of Church Street..............

Here is my prediction, when unveiled one statue will have a strange likeness of one Fatter-Bilk, and the other statue (probably the one in Church Street, overlooking Ralph Ward Jackson) will have a strange likeness of droopy eye Fatter-Bilk.

You heard it here first kids, it will be their lasting legacy to the town, a statue of each of them for us to love and cherish for years to come

seatonlady

Hahaha the thought of those statues makes the mind boggle!! Anyway,  another subject, isn't it about time someone made an effort to sort out the Wingfield Castle? It's in a deplorable state.

Land Phil

Anybody would think the town was the birthplace of Laurel and Hardy.

I am amazed nobody has defaced the Niramax signs.

Sanddancer

"We want to articulate the ambition we have for the town..." Too many long words; I wonder who wrote his script!

Inspector Knacker

I'd have to see them in place before commenting, but anything has to be better than those tacky yellow Tees Valley signs. I'll reserve judgement but so far see nothing to  disturb me.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jeffh

Quote from: seatonlady on December 29, 2016, 12: PM
Hahaha the thought of those statues makes the mind boggle!! Anyway,  another subject, isn't it about time someone made an effort to sort out the Wingfield Castle? It's in a deplorable state.
I would have thought that when a deal was agreed with the NMRN, improvements to the total site (including the Wingfield Castle) would have been agreed.  Unfortunately it looks as though the NMRN were only interested in the more affluent side of the Maritime Experience - the Wingfield Castle is not mentioned on their website.  I'm sure CAB will try and do his best

fred c

I believe the Steam Paddle Ship Wingfield Castle belongs to HBC, so it's hardly surprising given the state it's in, take a good look at the ship it is an absolute rust bucket, the hull is thick of rust & blistered paintwork & the paddles look as though they would drop into the dock if they attempted to move it.

Look at the superstructure, wood work & decking in a right mess, the vessel is screaming out for a major maintenance program to be implemented asap, I can well imagine the vessel ending up on the bottom of the dock, a bit like the old nightclub ship next to the Transporter.

Only the LabTor Mob could have spent money on something they know nothing about, did they for instance, get a full marine survey on the vessel, did they get a costing for ongoing maintenance, coating & painting the hull, paddles, general steelwork & the wooden superstructure ?

Typical of the inept thinking by the leaders of the council, did they think it would 'Self Heal Itself'....... it has got to the stage now that it will require a smal fortune to restore the vessel to some kind of order & if they decide to cut there losses...... good luck to them paying to get it lifted out of the dock.

Or Cwissy could always get Craney to apply his 'Re-Generating' skillset to the problem.

Inspector Knacker

From the very outset it would have been patently obvious the Wingfield Castle or any vessel would require maintenance. Sea water is a very unforgiving element.
A small maintenance team should have been in place from the outset and budgeted for.
But, as with a lot of things in life now, maintenance is a dirty word.
The Wingfield Castle is now a disgrace and action is needed urgently.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

stokoe

Remember Marky. putting a video of the wing field on here,seems now to have gone.

http://www.high-tax-hartlepool.co.uk/index.php?topic=330.0

mk1

Signs 8ft wide and 12ft high?

The gun turret (minus gun) and the Akers-Belcher wobblies still stand forlorn at the Museum entrance. The fanfare given to their arrival by the Council was hilarious when all that was being done is some of the least popular exhibits were dumped moved to Hartlepool to free up storage space.

Lucy Lass-Tick