Spinning Parking Charges

Started by steveL, December 09, 2016, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

So are you saying you made it up?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jawsbbc

he is david  tongue in cheek but as we all know wells would never go against cab and the mob

jeffh

Quote from: Riddler5 on December 21, 2016, 10: PM
Yes I did - sorry for any confusion.

This does, however, raise a serious problem in the Audit and Governance at HBC.  At last Thursday's Council Meeting, when the council was asked how they could prevent a re-occurrence of the MRA / Angela Wilcox criminal activities.  Right the way through great store was put on robust procedures being in place - obviously that begs the question as to why did it happen then? 

When you look at the constitution part of the procedures to prevent these criminal acts is the Audit & Governance Committee, whose main function is to oversee the Council's operations and what they are up to.  The main protection, for the rate payers, is that the chair of that committee is NOT a member of the Controlling Party, so in simple terms not Labour.  But here at Hartlepool we seem to have an undeclared alliance between Labour and the Local Conservatives, which seems to be there for the mutual benefit of both parties.  As far as I am aware the Local Conservatives always support the Labour Group, so when the Chair of the Audit & Governance Committee is a Local Conservative the safeguard that is supposed to be there, by the constitution, has gone with the effect of what we are now seeing - a controlling Labour Group with no accountability.

What can we do?  Is it worth trying "Crowd Funding" to take legal advice as to the way HBC is operating it's Constitution, as opposed to the way it should be operating it to demonstrate it is protecting the public.  The only real change we have seen since the MRA scandal is effectively a public gagging order.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: jawsbbc on December 22, 2016, 08: AM
he is david  tongue in cheek but as we all know wells would never go against cab and the mob
I'm not David.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: gerek on December 22, 2016, 11: AM
Yes I did - sorry for any confusion.

This does, however, raise a serious problem in the Audit and Governance at HBC.  At last Thursday's Council Meeting, when the council was asked how they could prevent a re-occurrence of the MRA / Angela Wilcox criminal activities.  Right the way through great store was put on robust procedures being in place - obviously that begs the question as to why did it happen then? 

When you look at the constitution part of the procedures to prevent these criminal acts is the Audit & Governance Committee, whose main function is to oversee the Council's operations and what they are up to.  The main protection, for the rate payers, is that the chair of that committee is NOT a member of the Controlling Party, so in simple terms not Labour.  But here at Hartlepool we seem to have an undeclared alliance between Labour and the Local Conservatives, which seems to be there for the mutual benefit of both parties.  As far as I am aware the Local Conservatives always support the Labour Group, so when the Chair of the Audit & Governance Committee is a Local Conservative the safeguard that is supposed to be there, by the constitution, has gone with the effect of what we are now seeing - a controlling Labour Group with no accountability.

What can we do?  Is it worth trying "Crowd Funding" to take legal advice as to the way HBC is operating it's Constitution, as opposed to the way it should be operating it to demonstrate it is protecting the public.  The only real change we have seen since the MRA scandal is effectively a public gagging order.

The funny thing is, I had no problem accepting it and believing it as a true record of events. That's how worrying the whole situation is.

fred c

The only real change we have seen since the MRA scandal is effectively a public gagging order.

Thats about it, the constitution of the council has been manipulated since the implementation of the committee system by The LabTor Mob to suit there own ends, the prerequisite is to keep oposition councillors & members of the public in the dark about the way the ruling group functions.

Examples of changes to the constitution below, are indicative of the way the democratic process has been stifled within the towns council, in effect the Open, Transparent & Accountable protoclos have been deminished to such an extent they barely exist at all.

No verbal questions by members of the public, the curtailing of the various times allowed to put forward motions, reply to motions, councillors questions restricted, public questions placed last on the agenda, questions from the public open to censure pre meeting, the increased use of pink papering etc etc etc.

The Audit & Governance Committee, Planing Committee & Re-Generation Committees have all made decision that are in effect, a fatit accompli......... Jackson Landing demolition being a case in point.

How can a decision be considered 'Democratic' when the result of that decision is made by a small committee prior to the matter coming before full council......... a rhetoricaI question i know  ;) the decision is made by a committee....... & then when it is presented in full council, Cwistopher pulls a lever & through a system of wheels & pulleys the LabTor plebs all say Aye. ::) ::) ::)

jeffh

Quote from: fred c on December 22, 2016, 03: PM

The only real change we have seen since the MRA scandal is effectively a public gagging order.

Thats about it, the constitution of the council has been manipulated since the implementation of the committee system by The LabTor Mob to suit there own ends, the prerequisite is to keep oposition councillors & members of the public in the dark about the way the ruling group functions.

Examples of changes to the constitution below, are indicative of the way the democratic process has been stifled within the towns council, in effect the Open, Transparent & Accountable protoclos have been deminished to such an extent they barely exist at all.

No verbal questions by members of the public, the curtailing of the various times allowed to put forward motions, reply to motions, councillors questions restricted, public questions placed last on the agenda, questions from the public open to censure pre meeting, the increased use of pink papering etc etc etc.

The Audit & Governance Committee, Planing Committee & Re-Generation Committees have all made decision that are in effect, a fatit accompli......... Jackson Landing demolition being a case in point.

How can a decision be considered 'Democratic' when the result of that decision is made by a small committee prior to the matter coming before full council......... a rhetoricaI question i know  ;) the decision is made by a committee....... & then when it is presented in full council, Cwistopher pulls a lever & through a system of wheels & pulleys the LabTor plebs all say Aye. ::) ::) ::)

I agree with everything you say - but what can we do?

Steely Dan

Quote from: Riddler5 on December 22, 2016, 03: PM
Quote from: jawsbbc on December 22, 2016, 08: AM
I'm not David.

Are you Spartacus?

:-) :-) :-)

How many times do we get this confusion?

Inspector Knacker

All I can say is that I was on the board first, but could change my name to avoid confusion and David Riddles' name is, er, David Riddle.

jawsbbc

riddler5 sorry john my apologies